IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

8 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Only January, and you are going for the crass comment prize of the year.

Oh, I don’t know know, I think that prize has already gone to the DHSC/Manx Care designation for next month “FABYOUARY”.

• Haha 2

I see knob head Hooper has his feet back under the table, not it seems as temporary as back in full charge.That man irks me whenever he opens his mouth and can he not do something about the huge breaths before every sentence.  Fuck me Alf you can not even manage to sack some one you useless prat(holding myself in check) thoe judging from the low hanging fruit who you gonna call.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I see knob head Hooper has his feet back under the table, not it seems as temporary as back in full charge.That man irks me whenever he opens his mouth and can he not do something about the huge breaths before every sentence.  Fuck me Alf you can not even manage to sack some one you useless prat(holding myself in check) thoe judging from the low hanging fruit who you gonna call.

Link?

He’s been acting DHSC minister since October. What’s changed?

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Especially for you

90327E79-7AD8-4D56-A9B7-473340885805.jpeg

When I read your first comment I genuinely thought you were joking.  Unfortunately not.

But it's only too characteristic of how those in what you might call health management see their job.  Rather than making sure that we have the best and most efficient health services, they see it as being more about telling us how to live our lives, with the strong implication that if we don't do what they say, anything that goes wrong will be our fault.

Now that not to say that preventative measures aren't very important.  But they have to be based both on genuine science and on assessment on what are the most effective interventions that will improve health outcomes across society.  Unfortunately that often boils down to giving poor people more money/services and that will never do.  So we get this sort of exercise, which is basically virtue-signalling, with no attempt to see how effective it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

When I read your first comment I genuinely thought you were joking.  Unfortunately not.

But it's only too characteristic of how those in what you might call health management see their job.  Rather than making sure that we have the best and most efficient health services, they see it as being more about telling us how to live our lives, with the strong implication that if we don't do what they say, anything that goes wrong will be our fault.

Now that not to say that preventative measures aren't very important.  But they have to be based both on genuine science and on assessment on what are the most effective interventions that will improve health outcomes across society.  Unfortunately that often boils down to giving poor people more money/services and that will never do.  So we get this sort of exercise, which is basically virtue-signalling, with no attempt to see how effective it is.

Do I sense a mild irritation?

I shan’t be going. I’ve been Fab since I first came out at Uni.

First they appropriated our LBBTQIA+ rainbows, now they’ve stolen and perverted that cute 3 letter word, FAB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we binned off 95% of the “communication and messaging” teams in DHSC/MC, I wonder how many front-line nurses we could afford?

The remaining 5% could probably generate the information that we actually need to know: I suspect it would take a fraction of the time and staff currently employed for the purpose.

• Like 11