IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Just now, HeliX said:

Eh? It's a bit dated but there's nowt wrong with it.

I think there’s only so much they can do with the building itself too.

Maybe as part of fixing this problem new premises can be identified. Ballasalla population is growing at a fast rate, it needs appropriate healthcare cover.

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

I think there’s only so much they can do with the building itself too.

Maybe as part of fixing this problem new premises can be identified. Ballasalla population is growing at a fast rate, it needs appropriate healthcare cover.

Which I have no doubt was foreseen and planned for by the morons who approved the housing !

errrr ....

Edited by asitis
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, asitis said:

Which I have no doubt was foreseen and planned for by the morons who approved the housing !

errrr ....

Chris Thomas is responsible for Housing and Communities.

The second part seems to be ignored.

Looking at health and education services should be integrated into planning new developments surely.

16 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Chris Thomas is responsible for Housing and Communities.

The second part seems to be ignored.

Looking at health and education services should be integrated into planning new developments surely.

Unless you are certain developers then anything goes !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

If only there was a large building company working in Ballasalla who could have been asked to build a new centre as part of any planning consent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

If only there was a large building company working in Ballasalla who could have been asked to build a new centre as part of any planning consent.

They built the half assed bypass, championed by Cregeen who himself had an IQ bypass, to solve a non existent problem !

For bypass read ' road which affords access to further green fields'

• Like 11

17 hours ago, Zulu said:

One Doc is retiring or off longterm sick and relatively old, so essentially same thing. 

Other Doc is quitting due to frustration with dealing with Manx Care cabal. 

2 Docs leaving.  A shit load more patients with little to no Govt support to mitigate.  Pop goes your surgery. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

Aren’t they building some community centre & other commercial buildings as part of next phase?

A shiny new building won’t help if no doctors, will it ? Shortage of GPS is a an issue everywhere so what’s the solution other than just doubling salaries?

28 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Which one? I thought the others had left-left to other places. Dr D gone to UK, Dr F gone elsewhere, no?

Doc C is quitting.  Not honestly sure which is the Doc that is retiring/longterm sick as not their patient.  It was a guy if that helps? 

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Doc C is quitting.  Not honestly sure which is the Doc that is retiring/longterm sick as not their patient.  It was a guy if that helps? 

Must not have been one I've seen. Did assume Dr C was on the verge of quitting, hasn't seemed particularly happy for a while. A shame. Was one of the best practices on the Island imo, and the quality of doctor was superb.

Edited by HeliX

2 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Must not have been one I've seen. Did assume Dr C was on the verge of quitting, hasn't seemed particularly happy for a while. A shame. Was one of the best practices on the Island imo, and the quality of doctor was superb.

Agreed.  Doc C is excellent and a good guy too.  He was also heading up some sort of all island GP delegation in dealings with Manx Care; which I think has been the proverbial straw of frustration. 

• Like 3