IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

How long will it take the Government to realise that they've been taken for a ride? Manx Care is hoovering up huge amounts of money whilst cutting down activity (operations, treatments) and the service is literally falling apart. How may know that we are paying £30 Million a year on locum and agency staff (in addition to the tens of Millions thrown at synaptik etc? Comparable sized UK hospitals have a fit if their locum bills exceed £6 Million a year.

Oh and where are the CQC reports on Noble's? Being gone over with a truckload of tippex??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

How long will it take the Government to realise that they've been taken for a ride?

I’m sure they already know.   The questions are 1) when will they admit it publicly and 2) when will they do something about it?

I’m guessing they’d rather waste millions and run the service into the ground before admitting that they were sold a pup by Sir JM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

How long will it take the Government to realise that they've been taken for a ride? Manx Care is hoovering up huge amounts of money whilst cutting down activity (operations, treatments) and the service is literally falling apart. How may know that we are paying £30 Million a year on locum and agency staff (in addition to the tens of Millions thrown at synaptik etc? Comparable sized UK hospitals have a fit if their locum bills exceed £6 Million a year.

Oh and where are the CQC reports on Noble's? Being gone over with a truckload of tippex??

Wasn’t it £15m on agency/locum & tge rest on bank staff. Uk paid out £3bn last year on agency staff https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63935416.amp

51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

In case you weren't aware, the issue of calling the Drs and losing all your credit in the queue is something someone in the government finally listened to and did something about recently.

https://costoflivingsupport.gov.im/free-to-call-telephone-lines/

Thanks, but that is only very recent.  It took long enough to recognise the issue.  My friend is now languishing at RCH.  It has been a case of pillar to post, make it difficult, until crisis happens then there has to be costly and lengthy intervention. 

2 hours ago, Omobono said:

you can be hours trying to get through to  a certain group of pharmacies  ,where the interior shelves or almost empty of  products to sell ,  the windows cracked  , rotten and the hole  place scruffy  run down and in need of a good clean and re decoration

I will be amazed if that chain of pharmacies is still trading in June. Empty shelves are a sure sign of a company on skid row, no cash to buy stock and nobody is stupid enough to offer them credit. And they've just shut 231 pharmacies in Sainsburys stores in the UK.

Still, the vulture capital owners of that chain will be OK.

As for getting a repeat, I use the NHS app and pick it up from the surgery two days later. Couldn't be easier. I certainly don't get it sent to Lloyds Pharmacy.

Edited by Ringy Rose

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

Yes quite hefty charges, I've had friends experience the same issue and then having to rejoin the queue with more credit.  

The village walk queue system is very recent, before that the reception in onchan only answered calls between 8 and 9.  I've sat in the surgery for over half an hour and heard the phone ringing constantly and not picked up

some people on pay as you go do not have the luxury of being on the internet ,  time some of the younger generation out there realised and some in government   , there are many low earners   and elderly  who just cant afford  the latest apple phone  or a MAC , and most of those are the ones seeking repeat prescriptions !

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Once they have answered and kept on hold,  aren't charges incurred?  This has been an issue for PAYG mobile users.  My friend has often run out of credit just while waiting to speak to someone. They have a lot of health problems and a £10 top up is a big deal. 

That said, I have said many times for them to register to book via email but, for whatever reason, they seem reluctant and it is not fear of tech as they used to be a software trainer. I do wonder if they like to be able to discuss their issue?  

I'm afraid Gladys,  if its  Village Walk you cannot book an appointment via email even when registered with patient online services, it doesn't yet allow this option, l know l've tried. It should work really. 

Also Village Walk have only just implemented the new phone answering, it used to not be answered or constantly engaged often up to an hour.  

41 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I'm afraid Gladys,  if its  Village Walk you cannot book an appointment via email even when registered with patient online services, it doesn't yet allow this option, l know l've tried. It should work really. 

Also Village Walk have only just implemented the new phone answering, it used to not be answered or constantly engaged often up to an hour.  

It isn't VW.  It was said in the MR report today about phone answering times that all surgeries have email appointment booking through patient access.  It would seem not. 

• Thanks 1