IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I wonder if he can provide any examples of where this approach has been implemented and has worked on a large scale?.

They've cut Practise Nurse options and duties at Ramsey Group Practise now, for some complaints/conditions you're now directed towards private practises.

What we are witnessing is something that no one likes to  contemplate - the disintegration of general practice, at least as we know it.

The fundamental issues that we are facing now as patients - availability and access of the service, will stimulate the growth of the private sector,  following in the path NHS dentistry.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snowman said:

If they broke down the population increase into specific targets it might have been received better:

Eg 20 teachers, 80 nurses, 20 doctors, 5 air traffic controllers, etc

It's the logical next step towards a fully planned economy for a place where the Government run the flour mills, ferry operators, creamery (ish), meat plant, local zoo, utilities, motorbike racing and various construction operations.

I look forward to receiving my grain quotas for the year.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mercenary said:

It's the logical next step towards a fully planned economy for a place where the Government run the flour mills, ferry operators, creamery (ish), meat plant, local zoo, utilities, motorbike racing and various construction operations.

..... and where a huge swathe of the population work for the overlords a guaranteed tame voter block !

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mercenary said:

A 5-year plan maybe? Don't forget energy supplies are halfway there with state owned gas pipe etc. Not to mention other utilities. Also the airport, ferry terminals and major sporting events. And the national broadcaster (he who pays the piper picks the tune)

4 hours ago, WTF said:

everybody wants more for doing less , it's a shambles

Thats inflation for ya. This is going to be the lost decade when the majority see a stagnating or declining standard of living much like the 70's. Weak leaders in bad times do not make for a thriving economy. Just excuses, platitudes and the next commitee report.  

• Like 2

And as usual the Manx Radio story fails basic journalist standards. Where is the information on numbers screened each year, number of cases/incidence of breast cancer on the island, information on impact of delay on diagnosis, and comment from relevant expert or cancer organisation on likely impact of this service not happening. 
Instead, no context at all. 

• Like 3