IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Never yet had a DNA due to patient being dead. I think the system cancels future appointments automatically as soon as a death is registered. 

Cancelled appointments, that's what happened with my mother.

Thinking about it, now we have the very issue between DHSC and Manx Care that many detected when first introduced. 

It is not for the Minister to announce what may causing issues, and try to deal with them (read berate the GMP). He should be saying to Manx Care, don't care what your issues are but sort them out. 

Is there a SLA  that he can whack them over the head with? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is there a SLA  that he can whack them over the head with?

Nothing so detailed (ie, useful) as an SLA, I expect…it’ll be something much more woolly and generalised.   Good grief, Gladys - next you’ll be suggesting that the Minister, on behalf on the DHSC, should hold Manx Care to account!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jarndyce said:

Nothing so detailed (ie, useful) as an SLA, I expect…it’ll be something much more woolly and generalised.   Good grief, Gladys - next you’ll be suggesting that the Minister, on behalf on the DHSC, should hold Manx Care to account!

I nearly did! 

• Haha 5

Just now, cissolt said:

It seems he's right behind it, I honestly can't point to one area they have made progress on since taking over.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hooper-hopeful-that-manx-care-can-continue-making-progress/

This is a failure of leadership.  If the problem existed when before they took over it should take less than  2 years to resolve. https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/health/nurse-shortage-was-a-problem-before-manx-care-593286

How many health ministers have presided over this? 3 or 4?

• Like 3

I have to say, I was all for giving MC breathing space, but after all this time and seeing some of the really easy things being still unaddressed, I think it has failed.  

But who will pay the price?  It sure as hell isn't going to be the board or the Minister of the unsuccessfully distanced department. 

Apart from the GMP, it will be the good people up there trying to do their best and unable to achieve that with the overbearing failures of management to simply get a grip. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

This is a failure of leadership.  If the problem existed when before they took over it should take less than  2 years to resolve. https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/health/nurse-shortage-was-a-problem-before-manx-care-593286

How many health ministers have presided over this? 3 or 4?

The problem has always been a lack of funding; and what little funding we do have directed at the hospital rather than the whole of the health service. We either have to be prepared to pay more to attract staff to the Island or we make do with the half arsed health services we have. If that means taxes go up then so be it. I'd rather that than a US style private healthcare system.

• Like 1

....but who do believe? The DHSC, MC or the coalface contributors????

Each of course will protect their own position and then we are not any further on in understanding  the position???

In this paramount  provision of Govt services, are we being caught in an inter department trist? Where neither will blame the other and neither will admit failures???

We are the 'Public', we elect Govts  to look after our best interests and then they, the MHKs , try to suggest that as one of 32 they cannot effect change? Then what use are they???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

If that means taxes go up then so be it. I'd rather that than a US style private healthcare system.

A ring fenced tax for the health service provision might be the right way to go. However it would need a way of keeping our governments grubby mitts off it, so it doesn't get splurged on all the toss they currently find to waste cash on !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2