IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 hours ago, Zulu said:

This has just been put out by Manx Care - I wish they would look at their own practises first!

Manx Care· 

Missed appointment slots, often referred to as 'Did Not Attends' (DNAs) continue to affect GP surgeries across the Island – the DNA rates for December and January were as follows:
December 2022:
Kensington - 85
Palatine - 94
Snaefell - 66
Hailwood - 109
Promenade - N/A
Finch Hill - 119
Ramsey - 397
Laxey/Onchan - 82
Castletown - 45
Southern - 75
Ballasalla - 34
Peel - 112
Total - 1218
January 2023:
Kensington - 112
Palatine - 97
Snaefell - 65
Hailwood - 119
Promenade - N/A
Finch Hill - 131
Ramsey - 272
Laxey/Onchan - 89
Castletown - 52
Southern - 80
Ballasalla - 42
Peel - 92
Total - 1151
If you cannot attend your appointment, please cancel it so that it can be offered to someone else. Information on how to cancel an appointment is on the Manx Care website (https://www.gov.im/categories/health-and-wellbeing/doctors/), or you can see the best way to contact each practice below. Manx Care is publishing GP practices’ DNA data for each month.

These are not rates. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Well, that’s just nit-picking…

…are we doing Stonehenge tonight?

It’s not nit-picking.  Publishing absolute numbers takes no account of the size of the practice, or how tightly they book patients in. And if they’re going to do that for some reason it shouldn’t be labelled ‘DNA rates’. 

• Like 3

On 2/20/2023 at 9:37 PM, Gladys said:

Like anyone with a legacy, you need to learn to stand on your own two feet not rely on your inheritance.  

Fvck that, I want to learn to live on an inheritance, fed up with kneeling on my own two feet.

Anyway, back on point, maybe we need a health Tzar to oversee the whole manx care/dhsc/gp thing?

Someone who has a 'track' record of improving services?

I nominate Longworth.

😐

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

It’s not nit-picking.  Publishing absolute numbers takes no account of the size of the practice, or how tightly they book patients in. And if they’re going to do that for some reason it shouldn’t be labelled ‘DNA rates’. 

Hi wrighty - it was just an attempt at some “Spinal Tap”-based humour, obviously failed miserably.   I know the difference between a single number and a rate…and a rate of change, for that matter…

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

Hi wrighty - it was just an attempt at some “Spinal Tap”-based humour, obviously failed miserably.   I know the difference between a single number and a rate…and a rate of change, for that matter…

I got the Spïnal Tap reference, just didn’t see the relevance. Was it something to do with confusing feet and inches?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I still fail to see why joining the UK reporting scheme required a suspension of service 

If a description of the changes required were published, it would be clear why. To publish the procedure should be straightforward - there is unlikely to be any commercial interests, and the plan should exist in some vague way e.g. :

1. Backup data of current list

2. Install new software

3. Write program to translate old data to new format

etc. - but there must (should) be such a document/plan. Why not just publish it and keep people informed?

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Why not just publish it and keep people informed?

Nearly all failure in DHSC /MC starts with poor communication - whether to the public or to their own staff.   Creating and staffing a huge communication department seems to have fallen flat - presumably because they can only communicate to the public if the information has been previously approved for public consumption by the board.

Internally, they seem to send out self-congratulatory tripe about how great the new board is, and how much is being achieved - along with some patronising “you’ve all done very well” nonsense to the front-line staff.   I understand that their inboxes are so full of “communications” that no-one has time to read them (being short-staffed and having a full hospital and so on…).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

I understand that their inboxes are so full of “communications” 

There's been quite a few this week, including one that starts "FOR INFO: Pancake day Tuesday 21st..."

I've flagged this up previously as a possible communication issue - we get so many that sometimes an important one can get lost in the mist.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wrighty said:

There's been quite a few this week, including one that starts "FOR INFO: Pancake day Tuesday 21st..."

I suppose A&E had to be reminded to ready themselves for the influx of admissions for mild burns and wrist injuries. 

• Haha 1