IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

16 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Expol were paid was £68,143.75 for this investigation.

They did not need to buy time on a super-computer, nor use expensive software tools, nor generate special purpose analysis programs. They just looked at the dates on various files.

I suggest that the gov. set up a special committee to examine these costs, staffed by people outside of government who have expertise in the software field. I'm available, and at a very reasonable cost - although, as before, I don't work evenings or weekends. Most days I'm off, too.

• Like 1

Manx Care/IOMG had a scheme whereby any staff referring a friend to work for them will receive £500 as a bonus. According to a piece on 3fm, 8 referrals have been made, but nobody has received a payment. I am assuming that none of the referrals have taken up roles? Or have they and Manx Care/IOMG reneged on its agreements? 

9 hours ago, 2112 said:

Or have they and Manx Care/IOMG reneged on its agreements? 

Most businesses only pay the referral fee if the person referred passes probation. So maybe none have, or maybe the place is so bad that they left before probation was up? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Exactly the same as all civil servants except teachers & police who got more but they’ve added in a massive £300 cash payment!! Certainly they should be paid more or at very least £1000 one off payments 

• Like 1

Manx care spend more on coffee and biscuits for the meeting's where they decide which of the people they know get to ride the gravy train. It is of little consequences if the person has no qualifications or acumen for the position that has been fabricated, just that they went to school or worked with them. Oh and their kids are good mates.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Manx care spend more on coffee and biscuits for the meeting's where they decide which of the people they know get to ride the gravy train. It is of little consequences if the person has no qualifications or acumen for the position that has been fabricated, just that they went to school or worked with them. Oh and their kids are good mates.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you - but did you have a particular position (or positions) in mind?   Do you have any evidence of fabricated posts and “chumocracy”?

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s the contract apparently as it doesn’t pay enough 

And yet in the clips attached to the article, a well-known local dentist claims that local operations are flipping and trading contracts in the same fashion as taxi operator's plates....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was good to hear the well-informed (!)  Health Minister stumbling through an interview on MR this morning.  

He would have done better to ask for notice of the general questions and been briefed by those involved before going on the Nation's Station. 

• Like 4