IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Sentience said:

Big question, Where is the real problem? Especially when our lot, IOMG, express their views on the health service here as 'over budget', when the obvious reality is 'UNDER FUNDED'

This.   This, with knobs on.   Demonstrably underfunded since July 2003.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, cissolt said:

Not sure what noose is tightening?  The second appeal did seem pretty futile 

I think you need to need to look at what the FoI request asked for[1] in full:

"I seek publication of all internal and external communications which led to appeals being heard in the case of Dr Rosalind Ranson v DHSC in 2022.

In particular, I seek the publication of emails to and from Chief Minister Alfred Cannan relating to the decision to launch an appeal."

Full document uploaded here:

FoI Response 2951619.pdf

They're trying to wriggle out of this and certainly some of the documentation involved may fall under legal privilege rules (though we know from these very appeal judgements that the Courts won't accept that reason automatically).  But a lot of the correspondence won't fall remotely under that heading.

What is clear here is that the Chief Minister and his staff have been intervening in this case (when they probably shouldn't have) and are now involved in the whole mess.  This all happened after the clear-out of Greenhow etc

[1]  In the replies Sam Turton said it was one of his.

• Thanks 4

So the question was "Who made the decision to appeal?". Their answer is that no individual did - "It was a collective decision, so no identifiable one of us is to blame" - i.e. nothing to do with me.

Or you could say that they are all equally to blame. Collective responsibility should lead to collective blame.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sentience said:

As far as the 'Dental Health' issue is concerned, Seven years ago I applied to have an NHS Dentist as a local who has paid into the tax etc system for over 50 years. Apart from me making a follow up phone call a year or so later I have never been contacted since. 

Before anyone comments on my supposed state of Dental health after seven years, I have managed so far to save for any real necessary work to be done. But not for check-ups that could have avoided that need in a proactive way.

Extremely sorry situation when those charged with making sure we DO have these health resources available to us, fail so desperately miserably. But can find long long millions for very much 'Vanity projects' they are able to have their name on a plaque for.

Furthermore, in a very ironic twist, the answer to this, and in fact all of the Islands problems is 15,000 more residents!!

With almost 3,000 of us currently still trying to get an NHS Dentist, myself for over 7 SEVEN YEARS....SEVEN YEARS! With an extra 15,000 people also looking, what chance does a mere local have...ZILCH.

Big question, Where is the real problem? Especially when our lot, IOMG, express their views on the health service here as 'over budget', when the obvious reality is 'UNDER FUNDED'

When will we actually get people in power who genuinely care....for more than just themselves?

Dentists done want to do nhs work as they can make much more money doing it privately, MUCH worse in uk but no consolation. I’m lucky as I still have my NHS dentist although he does predominantly private work

25 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It beggars belief that no-one still seems to know. And this was the woman directing our covid policy?

Bloody hell.

Another IOMG shit show where the left arm doesn’t know what the right arm is doing. It seems like every tribunal hearing day is throwing more questions than answers.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1

I persuaded my wife to make an appointment at the drs this evening as she's been in pain for a while, as a combination of stubbornness and by the time I get an appointment it'll be better anyway had made her put it off. After trying all day to get through (Ramsey surgery) we called in after work. She was told that they're not taking appointments as two drs have left and she'd have to call every morning at 8am. She was asked to explain the symptoms in front of a full waiting room, and then was asked could a paramedic diagnose it. I find this totally unacceptable on so many levels. We're of a generation where most people wouldn't go to the doctors unless it was almost an emergency, and I think the current situation puts people off further. I fear for the health of a lot of people, I really do. This situation needs to be addressed and addressed urgently, its an absolute disgrace.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3