IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Only if they’re overweight, my BMI is 23 & most reasonably healthy individuals should be under BMI of 30

I'm, 65, 172cms and 85kg. This classes me as being overweight, were I to lose 8kg I'd just be a skeleton!

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

But not obese which is BMI 30+ so you’re just a bit chubby 😂

Also, I'm out for ~4 hours a day with the dog, cover at least 5 miles at a good speed so the cardiovascular gets a good workout.

If I was the Treasury Minister ,  I would abolish employers NI, then I would make personnel NIC up to 18%. Government would then compulsory mandate wage increase to all employees of 9%. This would increase revenue in taxation to treasury, but would also be a true reflection of personnel ITIP contributions.  

7 minutes ago, Holte End said:

If I was the Treasury Minister ,  I would abolish employers NI, then I would make personnel NIC up to 18%. Government would then compulsory mandate wage increase to all employees of 9%. This would increase revenue in taxation to treasury, but would also be a true reflection of personnel ITIP contributions.  

Genius! 

34 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Also, I'm out for ~4 hours a day with the dog, cover at least 5 miles at a good speed so the cardiovascular gets a good workout.

Wouldn’t say 5 miles in 4 hours is a good speed, if you get a good workout at that speed then you’re definitely unfit!!

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Wouldn’t say 5 miles in 4 hours is a good speed, if you get a good workout at that speed then you’re definitely unfit!!

Or they could be disabled, temporarily injured, recovering from an injury, following a training plan, following advice of their doctor, old, short, etc.

Nice sweeping statements as usual @Banker

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Almost every man over a certain weight, no matter how fit and athletic, will invariably be classed as obese on the BMI scale. 

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Only if they’re overweight, my BMI is 23 & most reasonably healthy individuals should be under BMI of 30

The healthy BMI figures were made up on the spot at a conference once, I believe.  There's no evidence at all that 'normal weight' is a BMI of 18.5 to 25.  Like I say, it's a useful indicator of whether one's weight is appropriate for height, but different people will be healthy looking at different BMI figures.

I'm running at 27.7 at the moment - could do with losing a few kilos - but a few years ago, when I was trying to go lightweight (from a rowing perspective) I got down to a BMI of 22.6. That should be right in the middle of a healthy weight, but people were literally coming up to ask me if I was OK as I looked gaunt and they thought I must have some serious illness to account for it. If I got as far as 18.5 I would probably be hospitalised.

• Like 1

I done a test thing yesterday for my BMI, for my height and weight my BMI is 29, now don't get me wrong I am no stick figure but I am certainly not overweight. I exercise pretty much on a daily basis and eat decent enough. I am not sure it would be possible for me to lose the weight to get me under 25 which is supposedly a healthy weight without me becoming ill

3 hours ago, Banker said:

5 miles flat out, then playing on the beach with the hairy one, sitting in the sun drinking a beer etc.

1 minute ago, littlebushy said:

What you get up to in your private life is none of my business. Just be careful you don't get arrested doing that on the beach....

The hairy one.

1Z3A0001.jpg

• Like 2