IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

I done a test thing yesterday for my BMI, for my height and weight my BMI is 29, now don't get me wrong I am no stick figure but I am certainly not overweight. I exercise pretty much on a daily basis and eat decent enough. I am not sure it would be possible for me to lose the weight to get me under 25 which is supposedly a healthy weight without me becoming ill

What's your waist size, and what's your body fat percentage? (I'm not asking for a reply)

As well as BMI, those figures are important.  In a man, waist over 36" is associated with adverse health outcomes.  Body fat percentage (many ways to measure it - body circumference method is one you can look up and do at home) should be less than 20% for a man (30% for a woman).  

Put all that together and decide if you're overweight/overfat/well-built.  As I've said, my BMI is less than yours and I do consider myself to be overweight, although almost nobody would consider me to be 'fat'.  I could do with losing about 7kg to make everything right. At which point my BMI will be a shade over 25.

• Thanks 1

I done a test thing yesterday for my BMI, for my height and weight my BMI is 29, now don't get me wrong I am no stick figure but I am certainly not overweight. I exercise pretty much on a daily basis and eat decent enough. I am not sure it would be possible for me to lose the weight to get me under 25 which is supposedly a healthy weight without me becoming ill

I don’t think it can possibly be brought in as it’s unworkable. I do believe though that there might have been a weight contributory factor in the court action the anesthetists got caught up in and that this might be a back door way of them trying to put some liability mitigators in through the back door. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

What's your waist size, and what's your body fat percentage? (I'm not asking for a reply)

As well as BMI, those figures are important.  In a man, waist over 36" is associated with adverse health outcomes.  Body fat percentage (many ways to measure it - body circumference method is one you can look up and do at home) should be less than 20% for a man (30% for a woman).  

Put all that together and decide if you're overweight/overfat/well-built.  As I've said, my BMI is less than yours and I do consider myself to be overweight, although almost nobody would consider me to be 'fat'.  I could do with losing about 7kg to make everything right. At which point my BMI will be a shade over 25.

It's weird, 34 is to tight on me but 36 is to big so I am probably a 35 haha

6 hours ago, DrunkenMonkey said:

Or they could be disabled, temporarily injured, recovering from an injury, following a training plan, following advice of their doctor, old, short, etc.

Nice sweeping statements as usual @Banker

Usual bollocks from you as they clarified they stopped on a beach, concentrate on getting your BMI down!

It's weird, 34 is to tight on me but 36 is to big so I am probably a 35 haha

It's not measured by the trousers you squeeze into, which vary depending on where you buy them.  Measure it at your belly button level, horizontally, with no cheating and holding your gut in.

• Haha 3

Manx Radio asked for an updated version of the table, as referenced by Mr Hooper, but is yet to receive it.”

(Someone’s still working on it)

Funny how the whole document was reproduced using the wrong table but the right table can’t just be cut and pasted in. If death threats are being issued I’d suggest Hooper gets his ass into gear and gets it published asap. 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Manx care have issued a statement on cost savings, full reply on their Facebook page but news report 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/health/manx-cares-ps40m-funding-gap-607686

So is it a 8.7 or 40 million funding gap?  Still blaming DHSS I see, they have had enough time to put plans in place to address a shortfall

Didnt they already have 10 million to address the short fall and 14 million to address backlogs?  

I doubt anyone would begrudge the health service being funded if the money wasn't being pissed away with no plan.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Manx care have issued a statement on cost savings, full reply on their Facebook page but news report 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/health/manx-cares-ps40m-funding-gap-607686

"Manx Care has identified a £40m funding gap between what it is mandated to do and what cash is available."

I believe I've identified a gap between Manx Care's capability and what it is mandated to do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1