IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, Zulu said:

Not sure what is going on with the waiting list which I have been on for almost a year. Received a letter from the appointment waiting list validation team with a form to fill out asking if I still wanted to stay on the list! If I don't fill the form out ASAP within two weeks I will then be put on a new patient waiting list which will be reviewed in due course!! There is a phone number to ring but it is a voicemail service and someone will get back to you!!!!

They're just checking to see if you've shuffled of this mortal coil coil yet!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

As far as I know IOMG owns all the land & the clubs will pay rent, although Offshore Manc once argued it wasn’t an overflow car park even though there’s a sign saying it is. They haven’t said they’re going to charge for parking only considering it as part of fund raising/money saving.

Basically they need £40m more to do what they’re being asked to do so we need to raise NI/taxes

Empty 3 layers of Management that would be an excellent start and get rid of Manx care while they are at it and I am sure they would soon make adequate savings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Tim Glover says that in the light of the restriction to questions being overturned, it will be interesting see how much discussion is allowed.

I'm looking forward to hearing Claire Christian question the CM later this week about government's involvement in the high court appeal over the Rosalind Ranson case.

Any opinion on how it might go?

Restricting debate doesn't play out well with public...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Tim Glover says that in the light of the restriction to questions being overturned, it will be interesting see how much discussion is allowed.

I'm looking forward to hearing Claire Christian question the CM later this week about government's involvement in the high court appeal over the Rosalind Ranson case.

Any opinion on how it might go?

Restricting debate doesn't play out well with public...

Like it always goes ……………. swimmingly. In all fairness shit won’t stick on Hooperman, CM Cannan or even Professor Ashford. Like others have aluded that Rob Callister may be set up as the fall guy. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Do they think that anyone believes this guff - linky?

It reminds me of the mad scramble of PRs when a politician shoots their mouth off, but the later briefings say that s/he only "mis-spoke".

If this wasn't the original table then surely the actual table should have just been sent out?  Feels like a concocted document situation again.

Quite easy to prove that this is false, Manxcare will have the original document from their June/July meeting.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 3:18 PM, Zulu said:

Not sure what is going on with the waiting list which I have been on for almost a year. Received a letter from the appointment waiting list validation team with a form to fill out asking if I still wanted to stay on the list! If I don't fill the form out ASAP within two weeks I will then be put on a new patient waiting list which will be reviewed in due course!! There is a phone number to ring but it is a voicemail service and someone will get back to you!!!!

How do you get waiting times down without actually treating people? Start a new waiting list and you get the added bonus of saying "look numbers waiting more than 6 months have come down". Pretty soon they'll be kicking people off waiitng lists if they've been on them over 2 years on the basis that "You've managed so far, come back if it gets worse" which will become "average waiting times fall".

• Like 1

Just got the chance to listen to Hooper's response to Q8 in Tynwald yesterday. So, the table was supposedly only an 'error' in so far as the three last entries in the column 'DHSC initial view' (highlighted in the image here), which apparently should have read 'not supported' rather than 'supported'. Everything else still stands (e.g. BMI and operations, perscription charges etc.). Regardless, worth noting that Treasury formulated the budget based on what is in this table.

The question that is left unanswered is: which 'mitigation measures' are actually being implemented? Hooper told Manx Radio on ~12th April that there were mitigations being implemented, and we also know there is a £40m hole. How are they filling it?

8f13eun5vcJh.png?o=1