IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

24 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I still feel that there's a lot more to this yet to come out. There are also issues of potential criminality that have not been properly investigated. 

I agree with you. But will they delve and get the truth out or let sleeping dogs lie. Any investigation carried out correctly is going to expose so many including so many MHK’s and those in authority. It should happen but dont think it will sadly .  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mercenary said:

Go where? He has gone (and he's still sulking about it)

Still picking up £60,000 plus a year, still sitting in the same seat, he hasn't gone anywhere. Maybe he needs to go back to serving drinks or glass collecting.

Edited by Holte End
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I think in some ways IoMG is stuck in some sort of time-warp, back in the days when it could stomp around like a schoolyard bully amongst the serfs in the confidence that there could be no response. It's never moved forward with the rest of the world, just made sure that its own corrupt little world was protected and funded.

Modern litigation and knowledge of rights is now tearing it to pieces; it's not fit for purpose and the sooner somebody in outside authority recognises that the better, because Lord knows what it's response to this will be in the longer term. Take on more civil servants to oversee the untrustworthy civil servants?

THE PEOPLE OF THIS ISLAND DESERVE AND ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR WHAT SHOULD BE BETTER.

Isn't that what we have a Lt Gov for?

56 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Isn't that what we have a Lt Gov for?

Well, if he hasn't had anything to write home about before, he should have now...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2112 said:

His legacy to the island? £3.2 plus legal costs to the taxpayers

And all Dr Ranson wanted, was her job back. Out of all the news to come out, that's the most astounding to me. She didn't want to have to take this to the level it escalated to, she just wanted to be allowed to do the job she was here to do.

A bit like Dr Glover.

There's a pattern here - two extremely talented women - and an ex bar worker.

The same man who, instead of having the skills and fortitude to see his own part in this, dug his heels in, escalated, deflected, defended, lied, covered his tracks until the whole of government and the AG became involved resulting in a massive payout that, as you say, could have been used for the good of the Island rather than a massive, bungling, cover up operation that has left us covered in shame.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And all Dr Ranson wanted, was her job back. Out of all the news to come out, that's the most astounding to me. She didn't want to have to take this to the level it escalated to, she just wanted to be allowed to do the job she was here to do.

A bit like Dr Glover.

There's a pattern here - two extremely talented women - and an ex bar worker.

The same man who, instead of having the skills and fortitude to see his own part in this, dug his heels in, escalated, deflected, defended, lied, covered his tracks until the whole of government and the AG became involved resulting in a massive payout that, as you say, could have been used for the good of the Island rather than a massive, bungling, cover up operation that has left us covered in shame.

Spot on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I still feel that there's a lot more to this yet to come out. There are also issues of potential criminality that have not been properly investigated. 

Yeah. Obfuscate, string it out, get your favourite detective agency to write the report which will ensure you keep going back to them.

Who pays? We pay.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Holte End said:

Still picking up £60,000 plus a year, still sitting in the same seat, he hasn't gone anywhere. Maybe he needs to go back to serving drinks or glass collecting.

Perhaps he could be employed by the tax office to open letters and be the chief filling clerk? His sole contribution as a politico both at village pump and national level and this is his gift to the island. Meanwhile Ex CM Quayle swanned around like he was an HRH Manx Royalty, and current CM Cannan did nothing, and he was in a position of influence, with a seat at the table, when the shit was flying - sums up his ‘Captain’ leadership qualities. Jeez Sandhurst ………. What a fucking waste of resources on a self entitled village megaphone idiot. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

This whole episode reflects very badly on the competence and, worse than that, the integrity of senior officials and politicians in the IOM Government. Very importantly, it also reflects very badly on the lack of proper oversight or scrutiny of government conduct and performance and raises real questions about the fitness of government to govern. All this is regardless of the merits of Dr Ranson’s case or the award given by the tribunal. What matters most is the conduct of officials and politicians before, during and, I suspect after the event. Up to now it has been abysmal. The electorate is largely disinterested, perhaps it is time for somebody else to hold them to account. Lack of competence is one thing; lack of integrity is on a higher and more damaging level. The proof is there to see. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3