IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It hasn't been forgotten for the last 3 years  doubt it will fade away over the next few months. 

Unless you are being sarcastic. 

I live in Douglas North, wonder which MHK I make my representations to?

Why would I be being sarcastic? People bump their gums then something else happens and it's forgotten. 

37 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And how they treated all of us with such contempt. Ewart too. While, at the same time, involved in such dirty dealings and cover ups.

What did she get, £300k payoff? Probably half of what Ranson would have had with early settlement

15 minutes ago, asitis said:

Ashford still sitting pretty as an elected representative ! Surely his position is now untenable !

There are many comments from Ashford that need greater scrutiny.  Myocarditis is more common in people without the vaccine?  Vaccine prevents transmission?  His friend had COVID 4 times in 6 months?

9 minutes ago, Mercenary said:

What did she get, £300k payoff? Probably half of what Ranson would have had with early settlement

In all fairness, it doesn’t matter whether she got a £300k payoff or a £1000 pay off, it’s a payoff, which looking back is wrong ……….. but IOMG wanted to close the chapter as quick as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

I do hope that the press publishes Ranson's statement in full - preferably on the front page.

Hardly think so, when IOMG spend a lot of money in advertisements. I would be surprised if the NPM has the statement as its lead story on Thursday morning. 

On 5/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, Dr. Grumpy said:

Did Mr Wild ever return to answer these questions? I've been away the last couple of weeks and can't find any posts by him.

.....JM still on a handsome retainer too as I understand it. Someone needs to ask  what role he had in the key appointment of Angela Murray who was utterly unsuited to the role of interim DHSC CEO then Manx Care COO. The professional interactions of Murray, Ewart, Magson snd Ranson were described as 'four ferrets fighting in a bag'

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I'm really surprised to hear that - pleasantly surprised at that. MF is my only benchmark for public feeling and I don't rely on it too heavily - for obvious reasons.

I must admit, I imagine social media would still be populated by the people who think David is a lovely boy and that he single handedly saved us from Covid.

So, is the tide turning then? Truly?

Rox, 

Re your statement that MF is your only benchmark for public feeling. 
Then I am afraid you are being misled.

I have respect for ( most) contributors on here but let’s take for example, the trans issue. Most of the pubic feeling is OK if you feel like your gender is the opposite of your biological sex, crack on, dress how you like, act how you like, have surgery if you want but in our eyes you are still of the biological sex/ gender you were born as.

But on this topic contributors on here are much more aggressive, suggesting that men transitioning ( or transitioned) into women should be able to compete as women. This is clearly not what the majority of people ,outside the confines of MF believe.

There are many more issues that contributors on here are at odds with the general mood. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, it stimulates debate and is a contrast with the Facebook community.

Returning to D Ashford whilst most on here seek to demonise him, he was part of a team that held Covid at bay, for some time. He did what he thought was right, and the IOM Govt was largely in step with the way other countries dealt with the pandemic.

He never held himself out to have a magic wand that would instantly destroy and get rid of Covid.

Now the downside of MF is that having written my last sentence I will be accused of licking his arse, being up his bottom and all sort of unpleasantries.

30 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Why would I be being sarcastic? People bump their gums then something else happens and it's forgotten. 

Not sure what bump their gums means, but many of us have had unease about this, starting with Abbotswood, for a very long time and now the full importance is revealed. 

It shouldn't be consigned to yesterday's chip wrapper. 

• Like 2