IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

8 minutes ago, forestboy said:

Maybe enjoying his last jolly.  Hopefully.

To be replaced by....  Last time around his opponent was Allinson. How much support did Ranson get from Allinson?

So who else is there? Stu "can't be arsed" Peters? OK, that was also a cheap shot, but I'm not deleting it.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

To be replaced by....  Last time around his opponent was Allinson. How much support did Ranson get from Allinson?

So who else is there? Stu "can't be arsed" Peters? OK, that was also a cheap shot, but I'm not deleting it.

Worst case scenario, Daphne takes over and ruins the islands economy on greenist fantasy projects.

If JPW wasn't already tainted, she would have been my preference.  But as she was involved in the second appeal that should rule her out.

10 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

There is more scandal and gossip here than Coronation Street - I can't keep up. Is she the one who it is rumoured that....?

Maybe you are thinking of KLB?  Man in the Pub says she is very close to Alfie.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Alf's head shouldn't be on the block for this. He needs to stay and lead the change. There's real opportunity for him now to step up and lead from the front. Plenty would back him. The whole of Tynwald should act en bloc behind him and show who they really serve. No one should abstain. 

The whole of Tynwald acting en bloc behind him in this could also be construed as covering their own arses (again) though and the iniation of the denial phase, if you get what I mean. The drawing together of the leather chairs, so's to speak.

There are parties in there who need to be held to account, not have the wagons circled around them.

Never forget: #clubtynwald, the best club in the world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Mine was cheaper than your’s. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I don't know what the rules of Tynwald and government are, but could Alf do the pseudo-honourable thing and put his future in the hands of the members?  In other words, trigger in effect a vote of confidence and thereby hope to strengthen his position?

I heard that vote is on the cards anyway. Maybe he's prempting it by asking the house before it asks him?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Alf's head shouldn't be on the block for this. He needs to stay and lead the change. There's real opportunity for him now to step up and lead from the front. Plenty would back him. The whole of Tynwald should act en bloc behind him and show who they really serve. No one should abstain. 

Till the next scandal, fuck-up or tribunal ……….

CM Cannan is useless, came to office on Daddy’s coat tails. If he were to remain in charge, there needs to be action, and if he doesn’t achieve meaningful change, then he should call it quits. No doubt he will be awarded a CBE like ex CM Quayle. 

• Like 1