IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Who would replace him is a very good question.  Is there anyone in there who would be the right person for the job at this time?  I cannot think of anyone. 

I would  rather he stays put and delivers the real change he promised last year (and hinted at 10 years ago). 

Just now, english zloty said:

I heard that vote is on the cards anyway. Maybe he's prempting it by asking the house before it asks him?

Power games ………. pathetic really, not showing responsibility or leadership. IOMG have more issues than a big issue seller. 

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Power games ………. pathetic really, not showing responsibility or leadership. IOMG have more issues than a big issue seller. 

For me the whole structure of the relationships between MHKs and the CS needs to change so that we get some actual continuity in projects etc. the prom being a prime example of change MHK egos

8 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Does it really matter who the cm is? Do they actually have any power?

They seem to have the power to cock up almost everything they touch, we need to elect people who do want the power to reign in the CS and start to drag our reputation out of the gutter !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, asitis said:

They seem to have the power to cock up almost everything they touch, we need to elect people who do want the power to reign in the CS and start to drag our reputation out of the gutter !

One thing that you can be sure of is that any Manx politician can set off with the best of intentions in this regard, but the CS will soon run rings around them. Just look at DOI and now DHSC.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Alf's head shouldn't be on the block for this. He needs to stay and lead the change. There's real opportunity for him now to step up and lead from the front. Plenty would back him. The whole of Tynwald should act en bloc behind him and show who they really serve. No one should abstain. 

The problem is that we heard all this language from Cannan about things being unacceptable and the need for culture change almost a year ago, when the Tribunal reported.  A few heads rolled, but there has been no change in structure or culture.  All that's happened is different bums moved onto the same seats.

Tynwald is no better.  They've allowed themselves to be muzzled by this ridiculous interpretation of the sub judice rule without complain and the only consideration they have given to amending it is to propose to extend it to anything any member of Tynwald says, anywhere, ever.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Does it really matter who the cm is? Do they actually have any power?

That is for me an interesting question because I did not understand some of the press comments about who could or could not make decisions re. Ranson.

What (legal) power/authority does the Chief Minister have? Similarly for Ministers and for MHKs?

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I have it on good authority that Alf is to resign in the coming weeks.

No idea whether that’s true or not but I’d say if anyone did resign over this then they’d have a hell of a lot more integrity than any of those still sat taking the salary thinking that they have diplomatic immunity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

No idea whether that’s true or not but I’d say if anyone did resign over this then they’d have a hell of a lot more integrity than any of those still sat taking the salary thinking that they have diplomatic immunity. 

You can bet your bottom dollar that, if he does resign, DA would stand to be his replacement.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

You can bet your bottom dollar that, if he does resign, DA would stand to be his replacement.

He's already come out saying "My name isn't in the report, so Im not stepping down." line, hasn't he?

He was the Minister at the time for gods sakes. Take some responsibility. I'm not her biggest fan but the only credible candidate I see is Christian.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

He's already come out saying "My name isn't in the report, so Im not stepping down." line, hasn't he?

He was the Minister at the time for gods sakes. Take some responsibility. I'm not her biggest fan but the only credible candidate I see is Christian.

Has he, even after the latest bombshell?

Yes, I missed her, perhaps the only credible alternative.  

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Has he, even after the latest bombshell?

Yes, I missed her, perhaps the only credible alternative.  

Claire doesn't have the same Ministerial experience as others but, I actually don't see that as a bad thing right now. She's self-indulgent - BUT - I think she is the only credible candidate right now. Nobody from the previous or current CoMin should take the position.

People here know and always call me out for how much I read stuff on Twitter and Faceache.

Apparently a constituent had emailed him encouraging him to step down and he replied saying he would not be stepping down because:

"I am not mentioned or referenced once, even in passing, in the whole 99 pages of the award decision document"

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2