IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Claire doesn't have the same Ministerial experience as others but, I actually don't see that as a bad thing right now. She's self-indulgent - BUT - I think she is the only credible candidate right now. Nobody from the previous or current CoMin should take the position.

She’s pretty good actually not sure CM material now but certainly getting there. The next CM should be a woman regardless. 

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

People here know and always call me out for how much I read stuff on Twitter and Faceache.

Apparently a constituent had emailed him encouraging him to step down and he replied saying he would not be stepping down because:

"I am not mentioned or referenced once, even in passing, in the whole 99 pages of the award decision document"

She is also intelligent and presents well.  I just wonder if the thing to do is to charge a Tynwald member with the task of a root and branch reform of the whole CS system?  

5 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

but the only credible candidate I see is Christian.

She’s the one doing the digging and doing a very good job at it. 

Gladys is right. Alf needs to get his big boy pants on and get this shit show sorted. 

• Like 4

Just now, Gladys said:

She is also intelligent and presents well.  I just wonder if the thing to do is to charge a Tynwald member with the task of a root and branch reform of the whole CS system?  

Who would you propose do that though?

I can guarantee you, any 'review' will be formed involving vast private sector involvement and significant costs. Where do we stop with the reforming? The whole system is broken.

• Like 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

She’s the one doing the digging and doing a very good job at it. 

Gladys is right. Alf needs to get his big boy pants on and get this shit show sorted. 

Quite, and if he feels he cannot do that then Tynwald should give someone who can the authority to do it. 

It just needs to be done. 

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

UK government and external consultants. 

Absolutely not on the former. Have you seen what's going on across recently?

It'll - unfortunately - require the expensive cost of external 'change management' consultants.

• Like 1

We haven't got parties here so why not elect the CM at the same time as MHK's. One rule, they can't stand for both. So if the CM resigns when in office, it is a by-election to replace them and likewise if an MHK stands for CM then they have to resign their seat so a replacement can be elected regardless of the success or otherwise getting elected as CM

That way everyone gets the local representative they voted for on local issues and everyone gets a vote in who ends up as CM and the national issues. Has to be worth a try after the spectacular nonsense over the previous three decades.

Maybe even a two term limit for CM too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Who would you propose do that though?

I can guarantee you, any 'review' will be formed involving vast private sector involvement and significant costs. Where do we stop with the reforming? The whole system is broken.

It should be without limit.  Offshore may be right, the UK government should be involved.  Aware of the possibility but know nothing of the basis or process. 

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Apparently a constituent had emailed him encouraging him to step down and he replied saying he would not be stepping down because:

"I am not mentioned or referenced once, even in passing, in the whole 99 pages of the award decision document"

Quite a few times in the original Decision though.  Not favourably.

What gets me about his behaviour is that he actually had a get out route - he could (just about) get away with saying he was completely misled by Magson and apologising profusely.  It wouldn't be true or sincere, but saying "A big girl did it and she ran away" might have fooled some people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Let's get Sue Gray in.

Not necessarily her, it would be the Ministry of Justice at first, wouldn't it?  As I said, I don't know the basis or process, but perhaps it is the time to do it.  It has happened elsewhere.  I am sure it would be a constitutional big deal, but we really do not seem able to self-govern and the system is broken.  Are we able to self-repair?