IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

7 hours ago, Moddey Dhoo said:

There has been almost exclusively one narrative in the public domain since the outset. Notably Dr Ranson issued suit against Dr Alexson for trying to change it. While I have no doubt Dr Ranson was bullied and her exit very poorly handled, much of the relevant back story has never been told.

Indeed. There are always two sides to a story.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Major, major issues through DHSC over recent years and a complete embarrassment to the island.

Dont forget we still have these bubbling away.

The leading international law practice recently successfully defended the first defendant in the failed manslaughter prosecution of four local anaesthetists, and it also acts for Silverdale Care Limited (previously called Abbotswood).”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ativa said:

Major, major issues through DHSC over recent years and a complete embarrassment to the island.

Dont forget we still have these bubbling away.

The leading international law practice recently successfully defended the first defendant in the failed manslaughter prosecution of four local anaesthetists, and it also acts for Silverdale Care Limited (previously called Abbotswood).”

I *believe* a settlement is still bumbling away with Abbotswood.

I wonder why they want to exclude anything to do with the governments COVID response? It's directly related to the treatment of Dr Ranson, one might suggest her treatment was as a result of the government response.Screenshot_2023-05-05-18-50-55-68_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.thumb.jpg.8298daf9f0697fc1b222b7d1d7c17b0c.jpg

Edited by cissolt
Crop pic

"Other than a decision directly linked to the handling of the Ranson litigation."  Not sure what that means.  Did any Covid response relate to the handling of the litigation rather than the events that led to the litigation. 

25 minutes ago, cissolt said:

I wonder why they want to exclude anything to do with the governments COVID response? It's directly related to the treatment of Dr Ranson, one might suggest her treatment was as a result of the government response.Screenshot_2023-05-05-18-50-55-68_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.thumb.jpg.8298daf9f0697fc1b222b7d1d7c17b0c.jpg

if it's related then it's in, if it's not then it's excluded. Otherwise it's just copying the COVID review.

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

if it's related then it's in, if it's not then it's excluded. Otherwise it's just copying the COVID review.

It should be, but the exception to the exclusion is the handling of the litigation, ie how IOMG conducted itself as a party to the tribunal hearing.  That is how I read it. Take out handling and it works. 

Edited by Gladys