IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 hours ago, ptarmigan said:

The PAC investigation into Liverpool should have been outsourced to professional auditors if they really wanted some serious examination.  There are too many vested interests in tynwald...who all voted for it...to really.uncover what went wrong. 

The investigation into the ransom affair is pointless.   Nothing will be achieved by it. 

This is what the auditor general is here for. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

If you tske your economic advice from a man who needs Velcro fastening shoes - you might be surprised when things don’t work out.

Nice comment 

People also ask

What does it mean to need Velcro shoes?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFyAbRPo2YxVAM41XUOgz
Velcro shoes are easy to put on and take off, with hook and loop strap closures rather than laces. That's important for people who have physical limitations that make it hard to bend or reach their feet or tie shoelaces.

34 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Nice comment 

People also ask

What does it mean to need Velcro shoes?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFyAbRPo2YxVAM41XUOgz
Velcro shoes are easy to put on and take off, with hook and loop strap closures rather than laces. That's important for people who have physical limitations that make it hard to bend or reach their feet or tie shoelaces.

But that’s not what it means in the context Helmut uses it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

But that’s not what it means in the context Helmut uses it.

He said 

“If you take your economic advice from a man who needs Velcro fastening shoes…..”

It implies ( no, more than implies) than those who have physical impairments that means their economic advice is somehow more worthless.

I myself have an impairment that means I have to wear slip on shoes. Does that mean that I am less capable of dispensing advice.?

Seriously, I would be interested in your take on this, and the context of his comment especially given your condition(s) which you are quite open about.

Im not looking for a fight 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He said 

“If you take your economic advice from a man who needs Velcro fastening shoes…..”

It implies ( no, more than implies) than those who have physical impairments that means their economic advice is somehow more worthless.

I myself have an impairment that means I have to wear slip on shoes. Does that mean that I am less capable of dispensing advice.?

Seriously, I would be interested in your take on this, and the context of his comment especially given your condition(s) which you are quite open about.

Im not looking for a fight 

you’re  over thinking this. Surely he just means Henderson is a five carrot balloon knot, who couldn’t manage to tie his own laces. No ? 

Edited by cheesypeas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cheesypeas said:

your over thinking this. Surely he just means Henderson is a five carrot balloon knot, who couldn’t manage to tie his own laces. No ? 

I don’t know. Can Henderson tie his own shoe laces?

Does he need Velcro shoes?I assumed that because Helmut said it it it was literally true . I make no apology for that

Even if he can tie his own shoelaces it’s still not nice to mock those with physical disabilities as being unable to impart advice.

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don’t know. Can Henderson tie his own shoe laces?

Does he need Velcro shoes?I assumed that because Helmut said it it it was literally true . I make no apology for that

Even if he can tie his own shoelaces it’s still not nice to mock those with physical disabilities as being unable to impart advice.

You assumed incorrectly 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Can Ashy tie his own shoelaces? As questions go I’d be interested in what your AI chatbot Ashy feed has to say. 

He is man of many skills, I recall him claiming that it was feasible that a civil servant copied Dr Glover's robot code by looking over her shoulder.  He then went on to claim he had written "codes" in the past to justify the ludicrousness of his statement.  Not only was he lying, so was the civil servant who stole the code and claimed it as their own.

It wouldn't surprise me if Walter Mitty ashford claimed to have invented shoelaces.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There are a lot of people who can’t tie their shoelaces.

There are also a lot of people who can’t dress or bath themselves. And those with a lot more serious physical and mental disabilities.

Are you going to paint them as idiots as well?

No because they aren’t Bill Henderson