IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

10 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Ah, football analogies. Always good fun - away drawers as plus points and stuff like that - or maybe that is Gladys ( I wonder if she was using them as bunting this weekend).

AFAIK they are still blowing n the wind up on Marine Drive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Ah, football analogies. Always good fun - away drawers as plus points and stuff like that - or maybe that is Gladys ( I wonder if she was using them as bunting this weekend).

she made a fortune selling face  masks during covid.

What I would like to see from a government covid report, is to see some of the the myths going around at the time dispelled or verified,

Did the borders remain open until someones family member got home, Did David Ashford letter really exist, Did Government break the United Nations human rights by completely shutting the boarders to there own residents, Did the lock down come to an end, so a someones daughter could have her birthday party,  Was a wedding allowed during a lock down with guests from across and members of comin attending, Did a MHK break covid rules by walking to work with no action from the local plod. I personally think they were all myths, especially the letter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

What I would like to see from a government covid report, is to see some of the the myths going around at the time dispelled or verified,

Did the borders remain open until someones family member got home, Did David Ashford letter really exist, Did Government break the United Nations human rights by completely shutting the boarders to there own residents, Did the lock down come to an end, so a someones daughter could have her birthday party,  Was a wedding allowed during a lock down with guests from across and members of comin attending, Did a MHK break covid rules by walking to work with no action from the local plod. I personally think they were all myths, especially the letter. 

A couple i would like answering:

Did a government worker steal proprietary code for the testing robot?

Who pulled Dr Ransons presentation? Greenhow, Dan Davies and who? What was the reason?

Why did a pub quiz master force the medical director to sign off on a vaccine programme which she deemed wasn't ready?

How many people were living in Howard's houses when he received nearly 100k of support?

How long was the secret gov worker school running at the nsc? Whose children attended?

• Like 9

Manx Radio:

Unite Union launches ferocious attack on government over Ranson tribunal

Monday, May 8th, 2023 6:32am

Latest organisation to add its voice to growing criticism

The Unite Union says the reputation of the Manx Government hangs in tatters after a tribunal concluded the government's former Medical Director, Dr Rosalind Ranson was unfairly dismissed for whilstleblowing, and ordered she be paid £3.2 million.

The union is the latest organisation to add its voice to growing criticism of the manner in which Dr Ranson was treated.

Unite the Union Isle of Man were reacting to news that the Chief Minister is to make an urgent statement in the House of Keys on Tuesday. 

Addressing the Chief Minister on Facebook the Union states: "Why not make the statement that you and others are to resign, that would be welcomed by many on the island. The reputation of this government hangs in tatters and it's now coming into question whether they are fit for purpose."

The Union goes on to accuse government of shameful behaviour as custodians of the public purse and states: "These people are elected representatives of the residents of the island and it seems that personalities and egos cloud their professional judgements, yet their constituents voices are not heard."

The statement ends: "Those days of lip service are over and we want answers."

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/unite-union-launches-ferocious-attack-on-government-over-ranson-tribunal/

Edited by Cassie2
Formatting

8 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Manx Radio:

Unite Union launches ferocious attack on government over Ranson tribunal

Monday, May 8th, 2023 6:32am

Latest organisation to add its voice to growing criticism

The Unite Union says the reputation of the Manx Government hangs in tatters after a tribunal concluded the government's former Medical Director, Dr Rosalind Ranson was unfairly dismissed for whilstleblowing, and ordered she be paid £3.2 million.

The union is the latest organisation to add its voice to growing criticism of the manner in which Dr Ranson was treated.

Unite the Union Isle of Man were reacting to news that the Chief Minister is to make an urgent statement in the House of Keys on Tuesday. 

Addressing the Chief Minister on Facebook the Union states: "Why not make the statement that you and others are to resign, that would be welcomed by many on the island. The reputation of this government hangs in tatters and it's now coming into question whether they are fit for purpose."

The Union goes on to accuse government of shameful behaviour as custodians of the public purse and states: "These people are elected representatives of the residents of the island and it seems that personalities and egos cloud their professional judgements, yet their constituents voices are not heard."

The statement ends: "Those days of lip service are over and we want answers."

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/unite-union-launches-ferocious-attack-on-government-over-ranson-tribunal/

You wouldn’t expect anything else from Unite they’re always in dispute with government about something 

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

A couple i would like answering:

Did a government worker steal proprietary code for the testing robot?

Who pulled Dr Ransons presentation? Greenhow, Dan Davies and who? What was the reason?

Why did a pub quiz master force the medical director to sign off on a vaccine programme which she deemed wasn't ready?

How many people were living in Howard's houses when he received nearly 100k of support?

How long was the secret gov worker school running at the nsc? Whose children attended?

We’re so used to the nonsense that we’re becoming immune to a lot of it. I’d even forgotten about half of that! 

Good questions tho. Not that you’ll ever get any answers like. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What exactly in their statement did you disagree with? 

I don’t think Alf or anyone else in Comin to resign as I expect them to get on with sorting economy & hopefully a review of civil service numbers, however Ashford should resign as MHK

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

I don’t think Alf or anyone else in Comin to resign as I expect them to get on with sorting economy & hopefully a review of civil service numbers, however Ashford should resign as MHK

Probably correct however sorting and talking about sorting and making a couple of flaky statements are distinctly different.

I hope his statement includes that anyone who previously used the terms “Ashy, Ashie, Howie” etc etc are forced to pick up Tram Horse shite or manually push seaweed up and down Douglas beach.

We could possibly gather on our front steps to hit pans with a spatula on Thursday tea time to demand the MBE is returned.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Probably correct however sorting and talking about sorting and making a couple of flaky statements are distinctly different.

I hope his statement includes that anyone who previously used the terms “Ashy, Ashie, Howie” etc etc are forced to pick up Tram Horse shite or manually push seaweed up and down Douglas beach.

We could possibly gather on our front steps to hit pans with a spatula on Thursday tea time to demand the MBE is returned.

The people behind Gef will be shifting nervously in their seats.

• Haha 1