IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

I don’t think Alf or anyone else in Comin to resign as I expect them to get on with sorting economy & hopefully a review of civil service numbers, however Ashford should resign as MHK

Review? Constant reviews or Mars schemes or Save schemes ………. Haven’t exactly worked have they? Action as opposed to talk. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Twitch said:

The people behind Gef will be shifting nervously in their seats.

I bet the rue the day they got caught up in that. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time. They soon found out that it wasn't.

• Like 1

And still, the bullying and misogyny continues.  I am aware of several cases within Manx Care where staff have lodged formal complaints for this sort of behaviour.  Manx Care/Scare does not care about its staff as they continue to support senior management who carry out this behaviour.  It is damaging the reputation of the Isle of Man.  Freedom to flourish does not translate to freedom to bully.  I stand corrected, Manx Care/Scare actively promotes this behaviour.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Ativa said:

The first time around I voted for Allinson, simply because he is a doctor - I assumed he had the qualities one expects, such as absolute honesty and integrity, a great deal of common sense, and the ability to give precise, analytical answers to questions.

In this case, the question was: Why didn't Government make that public", and Mr Allinson's answer was "We did not want to put these people under the spotlight". But he took two minutes of talking mostly crap to say that.

I had no idea of his qualities as a doctor, but I now have some idea of the kind of person he is. He is just another third-rate local politician.

This might seem an extremely cynical point of view, but doctor or politician, he is the same person. When a patient asks "Do I have cancer?" does he respond with "First of all, let me say this..."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

I bet the rue the day they got caught up in that. It probably seemed like a good idea at the time. They soon found out that it wasn't.

Oh I think they did very well out of the situation.  Don't forget how much money they were paid for the failed loveiom scheme.

Is it me or does Hooper come across as a twat of the first order. He now refers to the collapse of the Ballasalla surgery as an opportunity to try the "Ballasalla model" in primary care, in respect of the intervention of Manx Care.

Overloading a practice to the point of in fighting, demoralisation and collapse is not a strategic "Model".

This twat will try and spin anything.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

It's not just you.

He's one of my greatest disappointments.

Before this last administration I thought Ramsey was the best served area for MHK's and further, I hoped they would stay exactly where they were to be able to prove themselves to do the best for the town and for the Island.

Now, I'm hoping they both get voted out next time.

It's not just you.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It's not just you.

Before this last administration I thought Ramsey was the best served area for MHK's and further, I hoped they would stay exactly where they were to be able to prove themselves to do the best for the town and for the Island.

It's not just you.

I disagree with a lot of what LibLabVan founder and ex MHK Peter Karran says, but I’m sure he wiould be scathing of the actions of all involved, which include actions of LibLabVan current MHK Lawrie Hoopla. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It's not just you.

It's not just you.

Yep, I voted for them both, neither will be getting my vote next time around. Done nothing for Ramsey, credit to Allinson for the abortion bill but since then he’s seemed content to resort to following his masters bidding. Least said about Hooper the better, if it wasn’t for the child of the night he’d be a shoo in for most punchable politician over here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, manxchester said:

Yep, I voted for them both, neither will be getting my vote next time around. Done nothing for Ramsey, credit to Allinson for the abortion bill but since then he’s seemed content to resort to following his masters bidding. Least said about Hooper the better, if it wasn’t for the child of the night he’d be a shoo in for most punchable politician over here.

+1, Hooper talked the talk on the doorstep in 2021 but that talk was obviously now only aimed at getting him back in. My jury is still out on him and the Ranson business. Allinson I never saw at all so I didn't vote for him. Two big let downs at local and national level, sadly, who have just toed their departmental lines rather than questioning anything and taken the dollar.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Be like watching long fellas in a sack today, as they fight to distance themselves from the shambles. Any democracy (ha ha) that had lost the confidence of its electorate, as I believe this one has, should go back to the electorate for a mandate to continue !

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

Be like watching long fellas in a sack today, as they fight to distance themselves from the shambles. Any democracy (ha ha) that had lost the confidence of its electorate, as I believe this one has, should go back to the electorate for a mandate to continue !

It would just be the same again, just in a different order.  Would it introduce new, quality blood? 

• Like 1

Rob and Hooper have both said wait until the tribunal is finished as we have only heard one side.  Considering the scathing comments from the tribunal and all of Dr Ransons legal team, I can't imagine what type of revelation would change public opinion on this?

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Rob and Hooper have both said wait until the tribunal is finished as we have only heard one side.  Considering the scathing comments from the tribunal and all of Dr Ransons legal team, I can't imagine what type of revelation would change public opinion on this?

At the end of the day she got 70% of her costs awarded. That says it all. 

• Confused 1