IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It would just be the same again, just in a different order.  Would it introduce new, quality blood? 

No I agree, but it might remove some of the bad taste I get when I think about my taxes paying some of these people to behave like they do !

• Like 5

CM Cannans sidekick and deputy Jane Poole Wilson been on the NPM acknowledging bullying within the Civil Service workplace. A year since the original Ranson tribunal decision, lots of bullshit from CM Cannan about culture change. All they have done is hide behind subjudice throughout, what action is taking place to prevent bullying in the workplace especially within IOMG? Sadly JPW is another bullshitter, a typical Manx Establishment expert but nothing within the year has been delivered, least of all discussed. Acknowledging IOMG workplace bullying is laudable, but it’s possibly that further tribunal claims may come, or already be lodged. Will they still hide behind subjudice for the lack of action?

• Thanks 2

Bullying has been a management practice within the CS/PS for as long as I can remember. I've seen and heard plenty of examples of it. The Ranson case was only the tip of a very large iceberg. The vast number of whistleblowers are crushed before it goes anywhere. Anyway, pull up a sandbag for 10:00am this morning and Alf's statement.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, cissolt said:

Oh I think they did very well out of the situation.  Don't forget how much money they were paid for the failed loveiom scheme.

Financially, yes, reputation, no. Its not always about the money - although - I do take your point for sure. 

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:
1 hour ago, manxchester said:

+1, Hooper talked the talk on the doorstep in 2021 but that talk was obviously now only aimed at getting him back in

It’s not just his screw ups and cover ups and lack of accountability that gets me.  It’s his condescending and supercilious attitude toward the very people he answers to that’s done it for me. Absolutely appalling. 

Allinson’s no better. He tried it at the public meeting after the flood and I ripped the arse out of him. He’s done nothing since to make me believe there’s anything about him that I isn’t about himself. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Be like watching long fellas in a sack today, as they fight to distance themselves from the shambles. Any democracy (ha ha) that had lost the confidence of its electorate, as I believe this one has, should go back to the electorate for a mandate to continue !

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It would just be the same again, just in a different order.  Would it introduce new, quality blood? 

Didn't we all say during the last administration that it would be nigh on impossible for the next one to be any worse than the one we had back then?  

The Isle of Man.   When you think things couldn't be any worse, the government will always prove you wrong.

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The vast number of whistleblowers are crushed before it goes anywhere.

The problem is so huge so insidious that I truly don’t see a way to sort it. Like Topsy, it’s grown completely out of control. 

My hope, as ever, lies with the young and that they won’t be prepared to put up with this bullshit, but that’s an organic approach that could take years to filter through. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Didn't we all say during the last administration that it would be nigh on impossible for the next one to be any worse than the one we had back then?  

For balance, there are people in government who are there for the good of the people, not themselves. The trouble is, that they’re mainly on the back benches with little opportunity to effect change. 

They’re not all power hungry monsters. However, the ones who are, are truly doing us a huge disservice. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

The Isle of Man.   When you think things couldn't be any worse, the government will always prove you wrong.

This is a follow on from the last few administrations. We never have a clean break from previous Council of Ministers because of the only a former Minister can be Chief Minister nonsense. It's obviously going to go wrong if the same people are kept in charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

For balance, there are people in government who are there for the good of the people, not themselves. The trouble is, that they’re mainly on the back benches with little opportunity to effect change. 

They’re not all power hungry monsters. However, the ones who are, are truly doing us a huge disservice. 

They voted to put the front benches in power.

27 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I tend to disagree.  At least things are more out in the open now.  The main problem is that Tynwald is still restrained under the current rules, which are designed primarily for civil service protection and benefit, and they show no awareness of changing that or even recognising it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1