IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

At least things are more out in the open now.

They are but not willingly, our administrations are seeing the downsides for them of social media. Their procedures are not set up for honesty and openness !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Listening to Alf he’s certainly not resigning and talking about all he’s done to change culture etc

Deeply pathetic.  Apparently everything can be solved by more civil servants, more committees, more KCs.  And kicking cans down the road.  Anything other than politicians taking actions and taking responsibility for it.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Hiding behind sub judice again? Does that indicate the department is appealing again?

How did Alf manage to turn an apology for Ranson into a compliment for Magson?

He somehow managed to slip in a compliment to the hard work of both Magson and Ashford. That is the most watered down, pathetic statement imaginable. Full of words but saying nothing. He is genuinely completely out of touch.

On a more positive note, my bullshit bingo card is complete.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, cissolt said:

How did Alf manage to turn an apology for Ranson into a compliment for Magson?

And Ashford as well.  It sounded like that bit was pre-written as well, so there was no excuse for just how tin-eared it sounded - and it completely undermined the apology to Ranson.  Cannan also deliberately[1] misunderstood Wannenburgh's point about apologising personally to her (ie directly in person) rather than just in a House of Keys statement. 

As ever the priority is about saving face rather than doing the right thing.

[1]  I can't believe that even he's that stupid as to miss what was meant.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I can't believe that even he's that stupid as to miss what was meant.

He knew what was meant.

He even scoffed at the question and tried to turn it back on Wannenburg to hide it.

I'm seriously disappointed.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

And Ashford as well.  It sounded like that bit was pre-written as well, so there was no excuse for just how tin-eared it sounded - and it completely undermined the apology to Ranson.  Cannan also deliberately[1] misunderstood Wannenburgh's point about apologising personally to her (ie directly in person) rather than just in a House of Keys statement. 

As ever the priority is about saving face rather than doing the right thing.

[1]  I can't believe that even he's that stupid as to miss what was meant.

He didn't miss what was meant. He realised and gave his usual bluster bullshit answer as he had been caught out. 

Kudos for the question by Wannenburgh, probably the only useful one this morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Listening to Alf he’s certainly not resigning and talking about all he’s done to change culture etc

and the peoples prince had recently  bought a new suit in anticipation of his expected new job title.

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 1