IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

I think the biggest surprise was some here expecting a surprise.

Politicians are on the whole, self serving, cretinous beings who have little regard for the world outside of their own existence.

The sooner you deal with this truth, the sooner you will be at peace with the world.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Massive fail this morning. The usual bullshit from Alf and piss poor questioning from the members. Where were they all ? All done and dusted in half an hour. Disgrace. Things just got worse...

#clubtynwald- the best club in the world.

Nothing is going to change without an uprising or unrest of some sort.

ETA It surely has to be some sort of indication of the power that the CS and "the system" has that no less a person than the Chief Minister has to stand in Parliament and even faintly praise those who have been found to be so lacking in morals and conduct.

An apology to Dr Ranson would have been more fitting. Followed by an apology to the taxpayers who are the real £6M losers in this sorry business.

Alf Cannan is as pathetically spineless and as much a servant of this corrupt system as any of them. 

Move along, nothing to see here, service as usual.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 6

Pathetic effort from Cannan. 

We all know that this whole episode was orchestrated by Magson, aided and abetted by Greenhow, Malone and Conie, with the political acquiescence of Quayle and Ashford. Yet, there was not a single mention of their involvement, either by name, role or even by inference. 

There is no intention that anyone will be held truly accountable or responsible for anything. More reviews are just a mechanism to kick it into the long grass, and hope that everyone forgets. 

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Pathetic effort from Cannan. 

We all know that this whole episode was orchestrated by Magson, aided and abetted by Greenhow, Malone and Conie, with the political acquiescence of Quayle and Ashford. Yet, there was not a single mention of their involvement, either by name, role or even by inference. 

Their is no intention that anyone will be held truly accountable or responsible for anything. More reviews are just a mechanism to kick it into the long grass, and hope that everyone forgets. 

One thing people are forgetting. Reviews, and inquires even Select Committees cost money - taxpayers! They will take time to complete, by which stage, anyone further criticised will still be in post or have moved on, or retired? Lessons will be learned? 

• Sad 1

Just now, 2112 said:

One thing people are forgetting. Reviews, and inquires even Select Committees cost money - taxpayers! They will take time to complete, by which stage, anyone further criticised will still be in post or have moved on, or retired? Lessons will be learned? 

We know inquiries will cost money but there’s no other alternative other than to do nothing which is not an option for majority 

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Kudos to Claire Christian. I wasn't sure of her intentions in standing but she' done nothing but impress thus far. She knows what's gone on and she's not afraid to put her head above the parapet.

I too have been impressed with Claire Christian . She has been very proactive when its mattered. Compare to the Labour MHK’s and the likes of Ann Corlett ! Yeah I know thats setting the bar low. She needs for people to back her and she could be a real force for change. Remember its long standing practices she has to fight against. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

#clubtynwald- the best club in the world.

Nothing is going to change without an uprising or unrest of some sort.

ETA It surely has to be some sort of indication of the power that the CS and "the system" has that no less a person than the Chief Minister has to stand in Parliament and even faintly praise those who have been found to be so lacking in morals and conduct.

An apology to Dr Ranson would have been more fitting. Followed by an apology to the taxpayers who are the real £6M losers in this sorry business.

Alf Cannan is as pathetically spineless and as much a servant of this corrupt system as any of them. 

Move along, nothing to see here, service as usual.

This……Cannan is just that ..yes I know he's had other things on his mind but humility can always be accessed unless you don't know where to find it… He needs to go and quickly…And lets pray for a real independant enquiry and findings immediately acted on…..not holding my breath. And that ex cop led inquiry needs looked into too… 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

The problem is so huge so insidious that I truly don’t see a way to sort it. Like Topsy, it’s grown completely out of control. 

My hope, as ever, lies with the young and that they won’t be prepared to put up with this bullshit, but that’s an organic approach that could take years to filter through. 

Decades Rox. It's ingrained. There are some in the CS that really do believe they are beyond reproach. 

• Like 1

Mannin line, could you tell which side (wanker)Wints bread is buttered on. Best move on as nothing to see now, backed up by Quirky (me pension got to protect me pension). Saddest day for isle of man since the loss of the Ellan Vannin.

If I was not so apathetic we should be whipping up the crowds to gather  outside the house of keys to show the knobheads we have hade enough and get the governor to take notice and do his job. 

• Thanks 2