IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Todays waffle spouted by CM Cannan on the NPM, is ‘some individuals in government have become too powerful’. Again he waffles on about change. Does anyone serious think he will do anything? It’s not always a case of too powerful, have too big an ego, massaged by politicos, and IOMG have expanded certain departments, as the population grows or users increase. At the same time, some politicos have become too powerful - they have been allowed to get away with actions here that wouldn’t be allowed elsewhere. I certainly believe that CM Cannan will do nothing, as he will hide behind inquiries or reviews, and then spout ‘subjudice’. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

If he wants to come out of this with any credibility now is the time to start kicking peoples asses and sacking people with loss of pension, show that the time of unacountability has ended. And do not follow that toe rag Wints argument about this all goes back twenty years reeling of long departed heads of departments. This is NOW draw the line and say from now you go out of line or gross  misconduct you are out on your ass, you fucked up own it. Bye bye cushy job/pension. That is what the Manx public want and deserve. Not this watered down shite and drivel he is spouting, otherwise they will really think they are/will be untouchable.

Sadly it won’t happen. Certainly with CM Cannan I’m charge. Our politicos have come to rely and in some cases revere our civil service, place them on pedestals. As they say familiarity breeds contempt. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Sadly it won’t happen. Certainly with CM Cannan I’m charge. Our politicos have come to rely and in some cases revere our civil service, place them on pedestals. As they say familiarity breeds contempt. 

I think our Govt fear them; certainly in respect of politicians appearing unpopular to the PS/CS and any potential industrial action that might arise from any moves against the status quo.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think our Govt fear them; certainly in respect of politicians appearing unpopular to the PS/CS and any potential industrial action that might arise from any moves against the status quo.

That and the fact they are the biggest voting block on the island.

• Like 7

Chief Bullshitter Cannan been on the NPM this morning, saying that ‘whistleblowing will be dealt with via professional approaches in the future’. Again the mantra lessons will be learned is trotted out. It looks as though there are possibly more whistleblowing cases working their way through the system. What a complete mess ……… of IOMG making, but islanders will suffer the consequences. 

Cannan was hopeless on the radio this morning same old same old buzz words, for one either he can’t comprehend the Wannenburgh  question or to chicken little to answer it, I thought Cannan was the only candidate originally for chief minister how wrong was I. Let’s just have some real honesty and decency amongst our mhk’s and not just bury their heads in the sand and keep taking there easy salaries or leave it down to Christian, Glover, Wannenburgh to ask the awkward questions they really need to step up to the plate, this whole mess is down to them sitting on there hands it’s embarrassing for the island as a whole.

• Like 4

He was reported as having offered deepest apologies in Tynwald to Dr Ranson on 3FM news this morning....

Screenshot_20230510-105332_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
screenshot

And there's more....some Govt officers have become "too powerful". No shit? Any particular ones in mind...?

Steady on Alf, keep making statements like that and there'll be cries of bullying etc. And don't go too close to the edge of any harbours on dark nights, you might get a knife in the backScreenshot_20230510-110250_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.b37ffa0b9248a48766a817c92357a137.jpg...

The LibLabVan ‘chair’ has added his two pennerth, calling for an independent investigation as soon as possible, according to the NPM. You will find most of the population support an investigation, but it should be a short one, not a long drawn out affair, which will give IOMG a years grace, before any changes even get thought of, from any conclusions from a report. A Tynpotwald Select Committee report would be biased, long winded, full of waffle and the civil servants would run rings around them - you can’t touch me attitude. A KC/UK Judge led report with decent terms of reference, and a short timeframe would be ideal. Perhaps it could be published before December 23, then Tynpotwald can fast track any legislation without the need for consultations. 

• Like 1