IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

54 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well show the receptionist your texts, tell them you turned up for your appointment, describe your experience during your appointment ( without going into medical details). Invite them to  talk to the person with whom you had your appointment to verify that you didn’t miss your appointment. Not difficult.

You clearly don't understand my post. Not for the first time. The appointment I turned up for was a genuine one and it took place while the one the receptionist informed me off was not. I never miss appointments and it was apparently for one of the nurses who I never had seen . It was a mistake it would seem but who knows. I wasnt bothered but my post was to confirm that maybe some the no shows are squarely at the feet of administration in hospital or surgery's and nothing to do with patients.

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

You clearly don't understand my post. Not for the first time. The appointment I turned up for was a genuine one and it took place while the one the receptionist informed me off was not. I never miss appointments and it was apparently for one of the nurses who I never had seen . It was a mistake it would seem but who knows. I wasnt bothered but my post was to confirm that maybe some the no shows are squarely at the feet of administration in hospital or surgery's and nothing to do with patients.

You’re quite right I didn’t understand your post. It wasn’t very clear. Like your fourth sentence above (“ for one of the nurses who I never had seen”). What’s that all about?

Anyway no doubt there are administrative errors within the GP surgeries and the hospital. But if you do have an appointment you know you are not going to be able to make, to not cancel it is pretty bad form.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

But I can tell you why most of them are missed now. It doesn’t need a public enquiry or the Spanish Inquisition. Most of it is down to their bad and archaic admin in managing the appointments system and them not having anyone easily contactable by phone or email when people need to cancel or reschedule one. It should take three months to fix if anyone could actually be bothered. But they aren’t. It’s easier to blame the public for being “bad citizens” costing the NHS money. 

Quiet.  But you still need to examine the details of what is going wrong so it can be fixed.  Without analysis there's no way problems can be fixed.  Obvious management will resist this because blaming others is easier than accepting responsibility and the see details as less important than making lofty statements.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You’re quite right I didn’t understand your post. It wasn’t very clear. Like your fourth sentence above (“ for one of the nurses who I never had seen”). What’s that all about?

Anyway no doubt there are administrative errors within the GP surgeries and the hospital. But if you do have an appointment you know you are not going to be able to make, to not cancel it is pretty bad form.

Theres two practice nurses in my Gp surgery and the one that the alleged appointment was with I had never seen previousy. The appointment that I had  turned up correctly for was one who I had been under for 2 years or more. I agree it is bad form to not cancel an appointment who cant turn up for but this wasn’t. It was a total mistake by the practice. There was no note as to what the alleged appointment was for but as again I reiterate this was my point of mentioning it as if this sort of thing happens , and I’m sure it does, it would explain ‘missed appointments’ .

Edited by Numbnuts

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

In that situation can you actually connect by telephone or email to the people dealing with the admin? Or, like my GP, do you end up ringing 20 times over 3 or 4 hours to try to inform them that you have to reschedule an appointment that by the time you get through to anyone has already resulted in a no show? 

Yes you can connect and cancel  by email, even referencing the fact that you couldn’t get through on the phone. Thus you can evidence that you took all the actions possible to cancel the appointment, and your conscience will be clear.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Quiet.  But you still need to examine the details of what is going wrong so it can be fixed.  Without analysis there's no way problems can be fixed.  Obvious management will resist this because blaming others is easier than accepting responsibility and the see details as less important than making lofty statements.

Quite. 

• Haha 1

One thing that I realise no one has put up yet was the discussion on the latest outcomes of the Ranson tribunals between Moulton and Robertshaw and Claire Christian.  It's in two parts:

It's quite long (71 min in total), but a lot of interesting points made, especially the dreadful (and worsening) response from Cannan.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

You can cancel and reschedule a GP appointment in seconds on the NHS or Parient Access app. No waiting on the phone required.

Not in Ballasalla and I'm not convinced it's true of all the others. 

image.png.3240a075ffde2794d3a34ad7ee54b95d.png

Some stopped during Covid and may not have restarted and of course many may not be registered for PA or have lost login details or whatever.  And a lot of people, especially older, may not have the equipment or ability or (most of all) confidence to do so.  And of course with a telephone conversation you know that your cancellation has been received and actioned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

One thing that I realise no one has put up yet was the discussion on the latest outcomes of the Ranson tribunals between Moulton and Robertshaw and Claire Christian.  It's in two parts:

It's quite long (71 min in total), but a lot of interesting points made, especially the dreadful (and worsening) response from Cannan.

Credit to Claire Christian for having the "bits" for to appear on this discussion, it probably won't do her career within Tynwald any good because she's discussing the undiscussable.

As per the televised discussion, one can see that the debate is already being closed down by Govt in the name of covering their own corrupt arses.

Hooper and others need to go. Alf, we need a fucking sight better from you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Not in Ballasalla and I'm not convinced it's true of all the others. 

image.png.3240a075ffde2794d3a34ad7ee54b95d.png

Some stopped during Covid and may not have restarted and of course many may not be registered for PA or have lost login details or whatever.  And a lot of people, especially older, may not have the equipment or ability or (most of all) confidence to do so.  And of course with a telephone conversation you know that your cancellation has been received and actioned.

Not possible at Peel either!