IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Totally this.

Most banks and big financial institutions now have fully independent secure and encrypted portal based whistle blowing portals where things can be sent and investigated by independent teams. I can’t see why IOM government cannot bring something like this in to allow things to be dealt with properly by independent people used to investigating these sort of things. It’s been needed for years. 

12 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Most banks and big financial institutions now have fully independent secure and encrypted portal based whistle blowing portals where things can be sent and investigated by independent teams. I can’t see why IOM government cannot bring something like this in to allow things to be dealt with properly by independent people used to investigating these sort of things. It’s been needed for years. 

And let the minions find out about so much dodgy dealings. Look at whats happened over RR . Yes your so right it has been needed for years but wouldn't it be nice for it not to be needed because the powers that be weren't embroiled  in it all too…In my situation they were . 

Edited by Numbnuts

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-demands-select-committee-be-set-up-to-review-govt-handling-of-ranson-case/

""Members have to be really careful we're not being side-lined with a pseudo-independent investigation", says Claire Christian "

So far as I understand things, she wants a Select Committee to be formed of Tynwald members. She does not want the MHKs to be sidelined, but she wants them to be at the centre of an investigation.

[In the quote above, does she mean sidelined, or does she mean, perhaps, sidetracked?]

I think that sidelining the MHKs would be a good idea when it comes to analysing this affair. I also think that an investigation should be instigated by the UK government. Any investigation comprising MHKs, MLCs, or the AG's office will inevitably be pseudo-independent.

• Thanks 1

If any investigation takes place it must not be conducted by Tynwald and its members. If my experience of a Government enquiry by a Tynwald Committee is an indicator, senior officials will just lie and MHKs who have no idea how to investigate and question, or don’t have any interest in establishing any truth outside their own agendas, will just lap it up. As I said before, our political system and its representatives can’t be trusted to do the right thing or look for proper reform. The evidence is here, there and everywhere, for those who want to see it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

6 minutes ago, joebean said:

If my experience of a Government enquiry by a Tynwald Committee is an indicator, senior officials will just lie and MHKs who have no idea how to investigate and question, or don’t have any interest in establishing any truth outside their own agendas, will just lap it up.

“ senior officials will just lie…”

Thats quite some accusation. You say that’s your experience, ( rather than say your perception)

No doubt you have the necessary evidence to support your statement.

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Thats quite some accusation. You say that’s your experience, ( rather than say your perception)

It's utter rubbish as we all know they're all holier than thou!

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I would hazard a guess that what the head of the BMA had to say about Govt and CS culture here backs it up pretty well

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Together with the conclusion of the recent enquiry, the previous enquiry and enquiry before that.

This has to go to someone completely independent and off Island. There's no other way if we have any chance of effecting any kind of change.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Together with the conclusion of the recent enquiry, the previous enquiry and enquiry before that.

This has to go to someone completely independent and off Island. There's no other way if we have any chance of effecting any kind of change.

I agree, an on Island investigation is to put mildly incestuous

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

However it is worth checking whether the PA booking facility has been (re-)enabled if you haven't recently.  As I said they all seem to have stopped it during Covid (for obvious reasons) but may be gradually reintroducing them.

I've already checked Peel Medical Centre. No appointments can be booked on PA - unless they're F2F follow ups.

Minister Julie Edge MHK is the latest politico to add their two pennerth in, in the aftermath of the RR tribunal. On the NPM she says government workers must be held to account for failings. I’m the RR tribunal many people, both political and civil servant were heavily criticised but other than resignations, nothing much happened. Government are scared of taking action, for fear of possible legal action (tribunal) and union activity. Furthermore she says that blame shouldn’t always fall on politicians - a lame excuse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Listening to three senior officials say something that I absolutely knew to be untrue. Based on actual experience, yes.