IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

23 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

With all this going on I think many people have missed the really important stuff at least the leader of The Manx Labour Party is going to ask a question about Bus fares - read the fucking room Joney, read the fucking room.......................

The cost of living and government policies are still important to most people.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

But surely if you have the balls, you can better influence things from within than without.

There's an argument (as OSM effectively says above) that you should cause a row and then get yourself sacked, but the end result is pretty much the same.  And if there's no real evidence that you can change things from within, except in the most trivial ways, then all you are doing is lending your support to a system that is malfunctioning at best.

20 minutes ago, Thomas Dalby said:

Precisely, if the BMA are using the word corruption they need to provide evidence

The BMA have reported that doctors are "fearful of raising concerns" and this isn't just about the Ranson case, but about the day-to-day running of Manx Care.  And that confirms what we know from leaked staff surveys and so on.  So no one is going to go public with specific details in case they are targeted more - that's the whole way bullying works - and it's naïve to think the BMA would collaborate in that. 

So you can't demand chapter and verse proof straight away and dismiss such widespread allegations (and evidence from Ranson and other tribunals) if they don't appear in public.  You have to investigate and find out what is actually happening rather than accept reassurances from the people at the top that there's nothing to see here. 

And I suspect you misunderstand what corruption is.  It's not just the taking of bribes or bullying or whatever, it's the whole system where people in the organisation turn a blind eye or find excuses for such behaviours, for an easy life or because it's the only way they can survive.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, b4mbi said:

Glover resigning! (from his departmental post) - so not as an MHK.

What a brave move (whilst protecting your £70k salary)

Who?

Oh, Glover..

Looking for any excuse to do even less work.

Stu Peters must have taught him everything he knows.

29 minutes ago, JessTickle said:

It will be on the Tynwald Listen Again service - I think you might have to wait until the proceedings are finished before that is uploaded though

Part of it here Gladys.

Interesting that lawrie couldn't speak as their is yet another tribunal ongoing.  I think that was mentioned earlier in the thread

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JessTickle said:

It will be on the Tynwald Listen Again service - I think you might have to wait until the proceedings are finished before that is uploaded though

Thanks tried to find that but couldn't.  Perhaps IOMTV is going to be the best source. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Thanks tried to find that but couldn't.  Perhaps IOMTV is going to be the best source. 

https://www.courts.im/court-procedures/tribunals-service/schedule-of-tribunal-hearings/

Take your pick of tribunals. Manx Care - formerly DHSC - regularly appears in the schedules.

The Graeme Jones whistleblowing matter still ongoing too.

Just now, Two-lane said:

Glover has said that "I want nothing to do with the current administration". Who are the people who make up the administration? Is it defined as being the ministers?

Council or AdMinisters, I assume he means.

• Thanks 1