IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

14 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Government are to impose £4.3m worth of cuts on the island's health care service. 

At best this is a massive disgrace when we have areas like DOI burning through £8.5m on heritage railways. 

This will not end well. 

https://gef.im/2022/02/01/manx-care-told-to-find-4-3m-of-savings/

Get rid of duplicate jobs in Manx care & DHSC for a start, £3.5m if extra salaries to create the new department!!

Looks like prescription charge will increase 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

Does seem strange that the CEO claims MD was jealous,  a bit pathetic when MD would have been on twice money CEO was on ...

14 hours ago, Banker said:

I doubt that MD would be on twice CEO salary of c£125k ie £250k! 

13 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

You may be surprised. I was gobsmacked!

Having 25+ years experience in the NHS in the UK, I can't believe that a doctor whose only role is as a Medical Director (as opposed to also carrying out a clinical role and receiving additional payment in respect of that role) would be earning more than the Chief Exec of the same organisation.

I'd also add that a good (or bad for that matter) Chief Exec has more of an influence on any health providing or commissioning organisation than a medical director does.  A good Chief Exec - if you can find one - is worth far more than a good Medical Director.

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Thanks 1

Within this, Manx Care must, subject to Tynwald approval, make ‘total efficiency savings of £4.3m’. This will include implantation of policy changes for over the counter medicine, procedures of limited clinical effectiveness and implantation of NICE TA’s ( National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Technology Appraisal) over a three year period.

What kind of feckin' gobbledegook is that?? Even allowing for possible spelling mistakes, the CS's have really excelled themselves.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Good will stop people parking there all day & also need to tow away the twats parking on pavement 

It would shock you how many work vans get left overnight and their cars left their all day and the number of Douglas workers leaving the car and getting the bus into town using it as a park and ride.

• Like 1

Just to add to my earlier comment about the importance of getting the right Chief Exec in place (and to my comments on the other thread about the DoI not being for purpose) I'm sure everybody will be massively relieved that it isn't just the Manx NHS or public sector in general that occasionally struggles to recruit the right people!

Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust boss faces review over law degree - BBC News

NHS boss Mason Fitzgerald sacked over false qualification claim - BBC News

Keep an eye out for him on the island!  (I understand you have enough mental health provision problems as it is)

Edited by Ghost Ship

4 hours ago, Ghost Ship said:

Having 25+ years experience in the NHS in the UK, I can't believe that a doctor whose only role is as a Medical Director (as opposed to also carrying out a clinical role and receiving additional payment in respect of that role) would be earning more than the Chief Exec of the same organisation.

I'd also add that a good (or bad for that matter) Chief Exec has more of an influence on any health providing or commissioning organisation than a medical director does.  A good Chief Exec - if you can find one - is worth far more than a good Medical Director.

But at end of 2020 DHSC pre Manx care, had a CEO (off island) a shadow CEO and 2 deputy CEO And 1 MD

it sounds as if this MD is far more that a doctor in MD role and brought a lot to the table. 

15 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

But at end of 2020 DHSC pre Manx care, had a CEO (off island) a shadow CEO and 2 deputy CEO And 1 MD

it sounds as if this MD is far more that a doctor in MD role and brought a lot to the table. 

Wonder what just the combined salaries and packages swallowed up by these employees would be ?  

• Like 1