IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

16 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

We had to get someone to drive a car to the airport, leave the keys in it for us and do some shopping for us before we arrived back.  I think I still have a 10kg bag of Pasta somewhere that someone helpfully bought for us! 

I was in South Africa, which was quite delayed in the Covid infections and where there was absolutely nothing Covid related happening at all, apart from rumours of one infected person here or there.  Watching the reports from Europe and then landing straight into something from 28 Day Later was weird. 

Any spare bog roll?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Now that sounds like a trauma.  At least you could meet him from the ferry and I'm assuming had supplies at home.

He had his car. Him, the dogs, and a supermarket shop partly from Spain partly from Booths Garstang. Tesco slots had disappeared. But I’d got a decent cupboard of dry goods and cans, plus a full freezer. And, at least, we had milk, eggs, cheese and Noa bread delivery.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He’d have stayed in Spain, or Bulgaria. We are lucky. However, if you read my earlier post, I say I support earlier border lock down but with early introduction of quarantine or isolation on return.

Assuming they’d given 48 hours notice he could have driven back from Bulgaria, just. 

The three times we’ve not been able to travel, Italy - Spain, Bulgaria - Italy, GB - Spain, we were mid journey, in the queue for the ferry, or checked in. Frustrating.

If you close your borders you have a duty to let your residents return. Spain and Italy were allowing their nationals/residents in. 

That’s my original point we should not have closed borders to residents at any time & left them to fend for themselves.

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

How long has Nobles been a training hospital?

It was a training/teaching hospital in the 60's and maybe even before that. 

Girls used to join as 'pinkies' to be taught to be nurses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The only date I see is:

"
Dear Mr Hooper thank you for your letter
1:03
of the 15th of May relating to my"

Yes, that is all I picked up. Just would have been good to know when it was sent and how long either side has 'sat on it'. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Yes, that is all I picked up. Just would have been good to know when it was sent and how long either side has 'sat on it'. 

Think it might just be Paul M that is belatedly reporting on it - I’m sure this will be the same letter Gef posted about last week: 

https://gef.im/news/politics/bma-calls-for-uk-to-lead-ranson-inquiry-35184/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

How long has Nobles been a training hospital?

Certainly for longer than I’ve been there (almost 18 years now)

There used to be higher surgical trainees in orthopaedics. We had more junior surgical trainees up until about 10 years ago. We have a very successful foundation doctor programme, and a medical IMT scheme that was voted best in the UK (I know we’re not UK). We have International trainees right now in orthopaedics. We have medical students from Manchester and Dublin. 

And that’s not to mention nurses, midwives, therapists. Noble’s is a training hospital, and a highly regarded one too. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Then why is it frequently reported that Nobles staff do not have the multiple experience of a situation so requiring the secondment to English facilities to gain experience or that consultants are required to be brought in to cover that lack of hands on experience???   It's great that Nobles or any Hospital can offer training facilities but where is the fail between trainers and the need for consultants???