IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

24 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It may have come into law on the 10th August 1948 but it came into being on the 5 July 1948 the same as the UK NHS.

It has taken IOMG an eternity to acknowledge the severity of the 1973 Summerland Fire, and it has ‘organised’ a Service at St George’s Church at the end of July, as a acknowledgment of the landmark anniversary, when in reality they are usually embarrassed into these events by public reaction. 

I would rather that IOMG instead of the usual dick waving and grandstanding, would seriously address the deep seated concerns of the issues facing the islands health service. Sadly CM Cannan can’t be bothered and Minister Hooperman is way out of his depth. 

I don't see the need for a religious service to remember Summerland or the NHS.

Make is secular and include everybody.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I don't see the need for a religious service to remember Summerland or the NHS.

Make it secular and include everybody.

Why a service and not just a party like Tynwald day used to be 60 years ago?

3 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Why a service and not just a party like Tynwald day used to be 60 years ago?

I think Manx Care are having an event up at Noble's Hospital. But they are only responsible for delivery of services. DHSC don't seem to be doing anything about the 75th anniversary.

24 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I think Manx Care are having an event up at Noble's Hospital. But they are only responsible for delivery of services. DHSC don't seem to be doing anything about the 75th anniversary.

Why should they? It's the general population who have benefitted; no need for any God Botherers or similar Voodoos.

Just be happy that the NHS has been around for 75 years and hope it'll be around in some fashion for another 75 years.

• Like 3

Manx Care has announced the appointment of Dr Charlie (Charlotte) Orton Ph.D. and Kate Lancaster as Non-Executive Directors.

Dr Charlie Orton is currently the CEO of UK SMART Recovery, a charity organisation that delivers training in the SMART Recovery 4-point Programme. 

Charlie has also been a Special Projects Lead for Liverpool Health Partners and has experience working in primary, secondary and tertiary care in the NHS and academia for England.

Meanwhile, Kate is an experienced Non-Executive Director, with 20 years at Board level, and is currently the Chief Executive of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.

Sarah Pinch, Interim Chair of Manx Care, said: ‘I am thrilled to welcome both Charlie and Kate to the Manx Care Board. The breadth and depth of experience they bring will undoubtedly benefit Manx Care, our staff, service users and patients. They have already contributed to our Board and strengthen our governance arrangements.’

1 minute ago, cheesypeas said:

Manx Care has announced the appointment of Dr Charlie (Charlotte) Orton Ph.D. and Kate Lancaster as Non-Executive Directors.

Dr Charlie Orton is currently the CEO of UK SMART Recovery, a charity organisation that delivers training in the SMART Recovery 4-point Programme. 

Charlie has also been a Special Projects Lead for Liverpool Health Partners and has experience working in primary, secondary and tertiary care in the NHS and academia for England.

Meanwhile, Kate is an experienced Non-Executive Director, with 20 years at Board level, and is currently the Chief Executive of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.

Sarah Pinch, Interim Chair of Manx Care, said: ‘I am thrilled to welcome both Charlie and Kate to the Manx Care Board. The breadth and depth of experience they bring will undoubtedly benefit Manx Care, our staff, service users and patients. They have already contributed to our Board and strengthen our governance arrangements.’

All very interesting , but how much are we paying them? 
definition of a non executive director is that they are like a bidet - they look good but no one knows what they are for and add no value.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Anyone said:

definition of a non executive director is that they are like a bidet - they look good but no one knows what they are for and add no value.

Non Exec can only respond to what they are fed from the CEO so  ?

The trouble with these "experienced Non-Executive Directors" is that their main experience is increasingly being NEDs.  At least one of the current Board seems to do nothing else.  And if they have day jobs they're usually in the same field.  So it's never in their interest to cause any problems and of course they're off-Island and never on the other end of the services provide.  So they have no personal experience or even interest in what is actually on offer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Anyone said:

Bidets* are ace. It's non-executive directors I'm not so sure about.  

*A primary school friend's parents were immigrants from Italy, were well off and had completely renovated their house. My first time visiting my friend at home, her mum showed me to the bathroom and I immediately spotted the bidet and asked what it was for. She said it was for washing your feet.

Puzzled over the way her face turned bright red when telling me this, I later asked my friend what the deal was. She told me it was actually for washing your "bits", not feet, and I've been a fan ever since. Never had the privilege of having one myself, mind. But I thoroughly enjoyed visits to my Italian friend's house. 😊

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zarley said:

Bidets* are ace. It's non-executive directors I'm not so sure about.  

*A primary school friend's parents were immigrants from Italy, were well off and had completely renovated their house. My first time visiting my friend at home, her mum showed me to the bathroom and I immediately spotted the bidet and asked what it was for. She said it was for washing your feet.

Puzzled over the way her face turned bright red when telling me this, I later asked my friend what the deal was. She told me it was actually for washing your "bits", not feet, and I've been a fan ever since. Never had the privilege of having one myself, mind. But I thoroughly enjoyed visits to my Italian friend's house. 😊

I have a friend who went out for a posh meal at the weekend. I asked her to send me an update.

All I got was her waxing lyrical about it having the best toilets she'd ever seen and how she'd got a spectacular wash and blow dry to round off her visit.

No mention of the food.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I have a friend who went out for a posh meal at the weekend. I asked her to send me an update.

All I got was her waxing lyrical about it having the best toilets she'd ever seen and how she'd got a spectacular wash and blow dry to round off her visit.

No mention of the food.

I think I know the place.  Have visitors over this weekend and was thinking of wowing them with a meal at this venue so they can enjoy the facilities!  

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I think I know the place.  Have visitors over this weekend and was thinking of wowing them with a meal at this venue so they can enjoy the facilities!  

C'mon you two, stop being teases. Where is this haven of cleanliness? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It sounds like a particularly high spec bidet, if that’s the case!