IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Dreadful, shocking, scandalous. The Abbotswood staff, residents and their relatives have been failed seriously by their own government.

How do we/they sort this terrible, vindictive and corrupt system out?

Is Abbotswood to be covered in the Covid inquiry?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Alleged actions of GPs and a consultant very concerning if found to be true.

Ballasalla Surgery has however been abandoned by it's GP partners and taken over by Manxcare remember. 

The main reason was a complete lack of support from the DHSC, compounded by the new estate and probably the Abbotswood fiasco. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The main reason was a complete lack of support from the DHSC, compounded by the new estate and probably the Abbotswood fiasco

I wonder if your order is correct, given the removal of the gagging order in February?   When did the GPs get out - January?

2 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I wonder if your order is correct, given the removal of the gagging order in February?   When did the GPs get out - January?

Manxcare took it over in May.  I'm assuming there was a notice period for the GPs though, not sure when they (well he - there was only one full time partner left) actually provided that notice... 

47 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is Abbotswood to be covered in the Covid inquiry?

I believe so. Zandra Lewis stated that she is waiting for it’s conclusion before she speaks publicly herself about the Abbotswood situation. 

ETA I think a few people are waiting for this actually…

Edited by Roxanne
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I believe so. Zandra Lewis stated that she is waiting for it’s conclusion before she speaks publicly herself about the Abbotswood situation. 

Sorry, I only watched from about half way through,  so possibly missed that.  She did say at the end she was waiting for the police and H&S investigation to be concluded before she went to the press.  Who was interviewing her?

It was gob smacking what she says went on.  Has she given her evidence to PAC and was it in an open session?  If so, why has this not been picked up by the local press? 

I thought the Liverpool Pathway was no longer being followed here, is that not the case? 

I remember seeing something being reported or posted at the time about DHSC staff chucking stuff out and how it, in the opinion of the writer, amounted to theft.

Surely there has to be a full independent investigation? 

No doubt Teflon Dave will have some excuse about how, as Minister, he did not involve himself in such matters. 

It is a scandal if all is substantiated. 

Wonder where the nursing staff sent in were from? 

Edited by Gladys
Crap typing
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

When Alf made his ‘formal’ apology to Dr Ranson, in the same speech he also managed to spaff “thank you” to Magson for her contribution to the Island’s healthcare. For that reason, as shocking as the Zandra Lewis video is, I fully expect the outcomes of the IOM Covid Inquiry to be mealy-mouthed conclusions which exonerate the Government and also contain a few wishy-washy recommendations (unlikely to ever be implemented). After all, Covid has now almost passed into history, so what would be the point of wasting too much time on that?

Interestingly, Zandra Lewis mentioned that she had had off-the-record communications with Peter Karran. I wonder what his fellow Lib Van member Mr Hooper makes of Peter’s support of a person that the IOMG was ‘pursuing’? Perhaps he will address this issue in his up-coming interview with the ex-MHK Philip (unfortunately, not the beloved stallion from the Horse Trams stable), or perhaps the two of them will just sulk/grumble how ungrateful the Manx public have been…

As has been said on this forum many times – until our political system and our flimsy ‘check and balances’ methods undergo major change, sadly nothing will change.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Sorry, I only watched from about half way through,  so possibly missed that.  She did say at the end she was waiting for the police and H&S investigation to be concluded before she went to the press.  Who was interviewing her?

It was gob smacking what she says went on.  Has she given her evidence to PAC and was it in an open session?  If so, why has this not been picked up by the local press? 

I thought the Liverpool Pathway was no longer being followed here, is that not the case? 

I remember seeing something being reported or posted at the time about DHSC staff chucking stuff out and how it, in the opinion of the writer, amounted to theft.

Surely there has to be a full independent investigation? 

No doubt Teflon Dave will have some excuse about how, as Minister, he did not involve himself in such matters. 

It is a scandal if all is substantiated. 

Wonder where the nursing staff sent in were from? 

I can’t answer any of this. I know as much as you know. I was sent the link by a friend who thought it might interest me as I live here. Apart from that, not for a clue. It shocked me though. She was very believable and authentic. They did her wrong, the staff wrong, the residents wrong and the families of the residents wrong. And why? That is the question. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1