IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I can’t answer any of this. I know as much as you know. I was sent the link by a friend who thought it might interest me as I live here. Apart from that, not for a clue. It shocked me though. She was very believable and authentic. They did her wrong, the staff wrong, the residents wrong and the families of the residents wrong. And why? That is the question. 

Thanks, Rox, they were more open questions to those who may know.

As you say, the question is why?  The only reason I can think of is that there were those who did not take kindly to being disagreed with so the full force of DHSC enforcement was unleashed.  When it seemed that it was not actually justified, deflection and obfuscation commenced.  There has to be a full inquiry into these allegations. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

She challenged the decision makers who got it all so wrong. The same decision makers who didn't listen to Rosalind Ranson. So they sent the Gestapo in. Both cases are very similar and this one is even worse - much worse.

Quite.  She challenged a direction to move residents to there care homes because of the possibility of spreading the infection further.  But they were still moved.  These were highly vulnerable people, it just beggars belief that health professionals could treat them in the way she says

It really is quite shocking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Thanks, Rox, they were more open questions to those who may know.

As you say, the question is why?  The only reason I can think of is that there were those who did not take kindly to being disagreed with so the full force of DHSC enforcement was unleashed.  When it seemed that it was not actually justified, deflection and obfuscation commenced.  There has to be a full inquiry into these allegations. 

They're not allegations they're facts!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

She challenged the decision makers who got it all so wrong. The same decision makers who didn't listen to Rosalind Ranson. So they sent the Gestapo in. Both cases are very similar and this one is even worse - much worse.

You’re entirely right. This was another case of a professional who knew more about her field than the ‘experts’. Egos are damaged, the order must be regained at any cost. And what a cost it was. 

Edited by Roxanne
  • Like 2

A very raw interview that makes uncomfortable viewing for the departments and individuals involved.  I am still astounded that Magson has never been held to account for her brief tenure here?  Ms Lewis' account needs a formal assessment and investigation, it opens too many profound and troubling questions.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I am not doubting them, just being cautious. 

6 minutes ago, Hmmmm said:

A very raw interview that makes uncomfortable viewing for the departments and individuals involved.  I am still astounded that Magson has never been held to account for her brief tenure here?  Ms Lewis' account needs a formal assessment and investigation, it opens too many profound and troubling questions.  

IF even half of this is true, people died as a direct result of these actions. Magson might not be able to treat criminal proceedings with the same disregard she paid to the employment tribunal.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

IF even half of this is true, people died as a direct result of these actions. Magson might not be able to treat criminal proceedings with the same disregard she paid to the employment tribunal.

What concerns me most, apart from what could have been preventable deaths, is the possible complicity of agencies outside the DHSC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

As far as we know, Magson was not an employee, consequently, her legal status is hard to define. Similarly, it can be argued that because she was acting as an ‘agent’ of the IOMG, if she is guilty of criminal actions, so too is the IOMG! This is a legal quagmire. For political expediency, will our government be willing to press for her extradition from the UK?

8 minutes ago, code99 said:

As far as we know, Magson was not an employee, consequently, her legal status is hard to define. Similarly, it can be argued that because she was acting as an ‘agent’ of the IOMG, if she is guilty of criminal actions, so too is the IOMG! This is a legal quagmire. For political expediency, will our government be willing to press for her extradition from the UK?

We all know the likely outcome!

download (56).jpeg

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

What concerns me most, apart from what could have been preventable deaths, is the possible complicity of agencies outside the DHSC. 

The police were given what amounted to emergency powers during the Covid lockdown. She alleges (I don't doubt it) that some Abbotswood staff were held in police cells for up to eight hours. Care home workers in police cells - just think about that... The actions of the Manx Constabulary also need looking at here by an independent U.K. force.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The police were given what amounted to emergency powers during the Covid lockdown. She alleges (I don't doubt it) that some Abbotswood staff were held in police cells for up to eight hours. Care home workers in police cells - just think about that... The actions of the Manx Constabulary also need looking at here by an independent U.K. force.

It isn't just how they exercised their emergency powers, but the subsequent investigation.  Also, what about the H&S investigation?  Very, very troubling things here

• Like 3