IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

One thing I found interesting was that there wasn’t one whisper about Ashford in her interview. I’d be extremely surprised if he didn’t have his paws all over this. Maybe she’s saving that one too for the enquiry.

He would deny any involvement and, to be fair, he probably didn't have any direct involvement.  Thing is, who was overseeing Magson via Zoom or Teams because, well,  it is 2020. 

53 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The police were given what amounted to emergency powers during the Covid lockdown. She alleges (I don't doubt it) that some Abbotswood staff were held in police cells for up to eight hours. Care home workers in police cells - just think about that...

It’s always interesting every now and again to go back to the Covid threads on here and Facebook to observe the baying covid madness exemplified by many posters who now seem to have forgotten. The police were policing in line with emergency laws and the general mass hysteria that took over the population and the armies of sad twats calling the police out because they saw their next door neighbour go for a walk for more than an hour. Throughly sad, nasty, wankerish behaviour all round by many that needs to be exposed in the Covid enquiry. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Abbotswood staff were held in police cells for up to eight hours. Care home workers in police cells - just think about that.

That revelation was truly astounding. Put in the cells for doing their jobs.
Did we know about this at the time? So much went on I can hardly remember. 

33 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He would deny any involvement and, to be fair, he probably didn't have any direct involvement.  Thing is, who was overseeing Magson via Zoom or Teams because, well,  it is 2020. 

Ashford was:

David Ashford says it was important to trust the CEO, despite criticism of her during a recent employment tribunal

The former health minister says he had a good working relationship with the interim CEO of his department, despite the criticism she received in the findings of a recent employment tribunal.

Kathryn Magson was found to have played a significant role in the unfair dismissal for former Medical Director Dr Rosalind Ranson.

Douglas North MHK David Ashford recently stepped down from the Council of Ministers in response to the findings of the tribunal.

Despite its conclusions, Mr Ashford says he trusted Miss Magson's judgment.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/former-health-minister-had-good-working-relationship-with-ex-dhsc-ceo/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That revelation was truly astounding. Put in the cells for doing their jobs.
Did we know about this at the time? So much went on I can hardly remember. 

I had a spat with Dilli about the shenanigans that went on down there but he would have no wrongdoings by our officials/police etc.

Edited by finlo

On 7/18/2023 at 7:06 AM, Roxanne said:

Zandra Lesis speaks out about Abbotswoods deaths

Worth a listen. It’s one hour long but she puts the responsibility for the covid deaths firmly at the feet of the DSHC. 

ETA around 30 mins in it starts in earnest. Listen to what she says about Magson. It’s extremely concerning.

ETA 2. If you want a bare bones I sanitised version of what our bullying and controlling government are capable of then I urge you to listen. It’s actually quite horrifying while at the same time being horrifyingly believable.
ETA 3 Changed the link. 

Absolutely scandalous. Rotten to the core. Thanks for posting.

Bastards. Callous bastards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hmmmm said:

A very raw interview that makes uncomfortable viewing for the departments and individuals involved.  I am still astounded that Magson has never been held to account for her brief tenure here?  Ms Lewis' account needs a formal assessment and investigation, it opens too many profound and troubling questions.  

Based on what Zandra Lewis divulged in her interview, IMHO, if she and her staff and the relatives of the victims have had the backing of the likes of the BMA, they would receive apologies and compensation from the IOMG which is not dissimilar to what happened in Dr Ranson’s case. As it currently stands, they appear to have been treated appallingly and seemingly criminally. Approaching individual current and former MHKs (such as Chris Robertshaw) about any wrongdoing at Abbotswood might be worth a try but I don’t hold my breath. The dreadful images that I conjured up as I was listening to Zandra Lewis’s shocking revelations about the behaviours of some government’s officials will stay with me for a long time. I will certainly remember them (and the corollary actions/inactions of our democratically elected peoples’ representatives) at the next GE while casting my vote.

This whole sorry saga definitely warrants an independent Inquiry, an enquiry that has the powers to compel witnesses to appear etc. etc. What I am not clear about is how such Inquiry would deliver justice these people deserve and should also be entitled to. There may of course already be something happening along those lines that we currently don’t know about.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Many of whom are now dead. Their relatives however, live on. 

yes - victims at Abbotswood and their relatives and also Zandra Lewis and her former staff all need closure, justice and should be compensated. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Absolutely scandalous. Rotten to the core. Thanks for posting.

Bastards. Callous bastards.

I've met and worked with a few of these bastards over the years and it can get very heavy. But when they bring the goon squad in that's when it gets really nasty. They bring in people you've never seen before, to confuse and disorientate. Shock and awe stuff. People that would've been rejected by the Gestapo for being too cruel and heartless. As shocking as the interview with Zandra Lewis is, the reality would've been much worse. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Any other way to access that? My server says the certificate is "unsafe".

I do not see that problem. However, here is a link to a copy of the video:

"https://cclark.uk/Abbotswoods/Abbotswood Nursing Home, Isle of Man and Covid19, an interview with ex-director Zandra Lewis-45ZyErhMuL9c.mp4"

The website the video is on is www.bitchute.com/

• Thanks 2