IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

Should get text message but it does seem random & depends if they have mobile number 

Thanks Banker.

I have been receiving text reminders for years, but have not had one for today's appointment. 

(This has also happened, recently, to a friend.)

4 minutes ago, boswellian said:

But surely of concern that a non medically qualified person who was not on the island and had no knowledge of island life was seemingly in charge of a care home which had a noticeably high mortality rate?

Yes of course. If you go back up the thread they put this lady through the wringer and it was awful I’m sure and what happened there needs to be fully exposed and documented. What I’m saying is that the main difference in the two interviews (the first with the loony group and the second with Moulton) is that she doesn’t repeat her claims that Magson basically sent the medical storm troopers in and saw all the old ducks off (which is basically what she suggests in the first video).

• Like 1

Interesting discussion on Manx Radio's Perspective with Phil Gawne, Sunday lunchtime. Worth a listen. The salient points were:

Much talk of media balance, which was ironic as Paul Moulton was heavily outnumbered. Leading questions from the Chair too; even at one stage inviting Paul to effectively 'confess his guilt'.

They want to licence all media on the Island as a guarantee of compliance responsible journalism (No journalism).

Ex Chief Minister Tony Brown advocates copying the Chinese, to regulate the internet and social media on the IOM.

The missing FOI requested by Moulton is - by huge coincidence - arriving tomorrow or Tuesday.

Alf once again took a match to his principles of open and transparent government.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I queried the reminders not being sent and was told that Manx Telecom had stopped sending them as they had not been paid.     Sounds weird but could be it was costing too much so Manx Care stopped or the number of no shows had not decreased so the knocked the scheme on the head but neglected to inform the public.  Take your pick.   It is Drs surgery and hospital appointments that I didn’t get luckily I don’t rely on them but found a little reminder useful.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 10:43 AM, KERED said:

Sorry if this has been covered before, but, does anyone know if Manx Care have stopped sending out medical appointments reminders?

On 7/27/2023 at 10:58 AM, Banker said:

Should get text message but it does seem random & depends if they have mobile number 

On 7/27/2023 at 11:03 AM, KERED said:

Thanks Banker.

I have been receiving text reminders for years, but have not had one for today's appointment. 

(This has also happened, recently, to a friend.)

1 hour ago, ADELE said:

I queried the reminders not being sent and was told that Manx Telecom had stopped sending them as they had not been paid.     Sounds weird but could be it was costing too much so Manx Care stopped or the number of no shows had not decreased so the knocked the scheme on the head but neglected to inform the public.  Take your pick.   It is Drs surgery and hospital appointments that I didn’t get luckily I don’t rely on them but found a little reminder useful.

I’m still getting mine. But I specifically ask each time I make an appointment.

They’re not expensive, either time wise or phone cost, as they’re computer generated if they have input your number.

Pretty sure the GP’s and hospital routinely remove numbers after a fixed period due to the number of bounces/failures/non delivery. 

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They want to licence all media on the Island as a guarantee of compliance responsible journalism (No journalism).

Ex Chief Minister Tony Brown advocates copying the Chinese, to regulate the internet and social media on the IOM.

E.g., in Russia the rules around foreign journalists have recently changed. Now foreign journalists are only licenced for 3 months at a time. Does the IOM really want to follow this example? Sad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They've hated free media for years, born of years of having the radio station and the local press effectively on the payroll, with he who pays the piper calling the tune. Never forget, "Ill-informed Internet forums should be shut down".

The more the economic noose tightens and the more rank incompetence and misdoing is exposed, the more totalitarian our government will become. My prediction.

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I highly recommend everyone to listen to Perspective on Manx Radio podcasts. Until tonight I use to think Alf was pretty good but after listening to him my opinion has totally changed. During questioning by Paul Moulton he ignored, bluffed, blustered, distracted, and avoided the difficult questions and in my opinion he flat out lied. What a complete twat. 

More power to your elbow PM, don't let the bastards grind you down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

15 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. How authoritarian can you get! This makes me nauseous. Are these people using 1984 as their bible? I'm almost afraid to "Listen Again" - Alexa just might get launched through the window.

Next up; Chinese-style social credit. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, asitis said:

Tony Brown, jesus christ ! in a village occupied solely by idiots, he would still be the village idiot !

He was Chief Minister for a while, therefore I assumed that some persons had voted for him. The usual Internet search brings up his very own Wikipedia entry that states that he is still Chief Minister.

There is also the statement "Nominations then reopened, with Tony Brown being the only candidate put forward. "

So I was wrong, as usual.

Tony is a nice enough fella but was always one of those old fashioned Manx politicians who could tie any issue up with procedure, precedent and the process of decision making. By the time Tony was finished you'd gone round in circles and forgotten what you were voting for. Very like David Christian in Douglas. A master of controlling the meeting and committee strategy. Never really deciding anything and keeping everything as it was. I was reminded of that again yesterday listening to the Perspective programme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Interesting discussion on Manx Radio's Perspective with Phil Gawne, Sunday lunchtime. Worth a listen. The salient points were:

Much talk of media balance, which was ironic as Paul Moulton was heavily outnumbered. Leading questions from the Chair too; even at one stage inviting Paul to effectively 'confess his guilt'.

The missing FOI requested by Moulton is - by huge coincidence - arriving tomorrow or Tuesday.

Alf once again took a match to his principles of open and transparent government.  

As i have previously said before IOMG love any form of registration scheme where you are controlled, regulated, manipulated and bullied in good measure, and you pay for the privilege as well. Not forgetting IOMG will need civil servants to monitor the process.