IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

Manx Care are putting appeals on social media advising the public not to attend A&E due to the high volume of people turning up. 

It's probably all those people who were banging their heads against the wall after hearing the Manx Radio programme.

Ironically at the same time on social media Manx Care are busy trying to get people to come and chat to them about MCALS and 'wellbeing'.  Not enough people to staff the essential services, but plenty to do the PR.

(Also worth reminding people of the Ramsey Minor Injuries Unit)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's probably all those people who were banging their heads against the wall after hearing the Manx Radio programme.

Ironically at the same time on social media Manx Care are busy trying to get people to come and chat to them about MCALS and 'wellbeing'.  Not enough people to staff the essential services, but plenty to do the PR.

Ramsey Minor Injuries Unit sometimes have delays up to an hour. 

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well Manx Care's PR hasn't been very good over the Cummal Moar affair has it?

45 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

We’ve found the colossal waste!  Someone tell Stu and SMUJ! 😉

Edited by Jarndyce

7 hours ago, Zarley said:

I'm absolutely gobsmacked. How authoritarian can you get! This makes me nauseous. Are these people using 1984 as their bible? I'm almost afraid to "Listen Again" - Alexa just might get launched through the window.

Next up; Chinese-style social credit. 

Meanwhile, Corporal Cannan has tried to reassure the public that his Government is not trying to stop “a reporter making inquiries into its handling of the Covid-19 pandemic”…I hope so, because even the Tories in the UK have not been stupid enough to issue SLAPP against journalists whose opinions they don’t like - otherwise, The Guardian would have been shut down ages ago.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/govt-not-trying-to-stop-reporters-inquiries/

I am not clear whether PM will be able to comment on the contents of the responses to his FOI requests that this whole kerfuffle has been kicked off over? Time will tell, but it could be interesting.

• Like 2

The NPM has an excerpt from todays Moanin Line featuring Minister Hooperman, whereby a caller (resident of Cummal Moar) asks whether it was possible to upgrade the home. Hooperman replies not possible and trots out the not up to standards bullshit. 

I find this not up to standards catch all very excruciating, as they rely on this when it suits - especially as an excuse to totally waste money. Will Castletown get its rebuilt High School? It’s certainly not up to standards. Ballakermeen High School and other schools rely on portakabins as additional classroom space. Are those facilities up to standards? Can we not be creative with the funding that’s available, more for less, make do and mend? If IOMG had been prudent in the first place then maybe there would be funds which could be set aside. 

4 minutes ago, code99 said:

Meanwhile, Corporal Cannan has tried to reassure the public that his Government is not trying to stop “a reporter making inquiries into its handling of the Covid-19 pandemic”…I hope so, because even the Tories in the UK have not been stupid enough to issue SLAPP against journalists whose opinions they don’t like - otherwise, The Guardian would have been shut down ages ago.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/govt-not-trying-to-stop-reporters-inquiries/

I am not clear whether PM will be able to comment on the contents of the responses to his FOI requests that this whole kerfuffle has been kicked off over? Time will tell, but it could be interesting.

Seems to me Corporal Cannan could do with some corporal punishment. Get that birch out of the broom cupboard and dust it off.

None of this is going to end well, is it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, code99 said:

I don’t believe that CM Cannan is bright or clever. I think he relies heavily on his civil servants and flunkies for advice. After all he has made a total dogs breakfast of his COMIN, he can’t get important roles filled so he is doing the job himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I for one(might be alone on this) do not think Chief Minister Cannan is able to run the government,  Infact I would go so far as to say he is incompetent and being led by the nose by the civil service. Hence the sacrificial lamb and then no more progress in reforming behind the scenes in government. I also think you will see a lot of early retirements with golden parachutes as they can see the writing on the wall after having to rein in the persecution of molten. These ramblings are just my own but will be interested to see how this plays out, but I can not see any benefit coming my way only cost. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I for one(might be alone on this) do not think Chief Minister Cannan is able to run the government,  Infact I would go so far as to say he is incompetent and being led by the nose by the civil service. Hence the sacrificial lamb and then no more progress in reforming behind the scenes in government. I also think you will see a lot of early retirements with golden parachutes as they can see the writing on the wall after having to rein in the persecution of molten. These ramblings are just my own but will be interested to see how this plays out, but I can not see any benefit coming my way only cost. 

You are not alone. CM Cannan couldn’t run a bath.

I have spoken to CM Cannan on a few occasions, he seems personable, he agrees with you makes the right noises, pretends he cares and he is tough and knows what’s needed to be done. Sadly when it came to the crunch he is weak, ineffective and hasn’t any backbone. I can expect this from some of our other MHKs but I originally thought that CM Cannan due to his military background and his ‘commercial’ background would be made of sterner stuff. 

25 minutes ago, 2112 said:

You are not alone. CM Cannan couldn’t run a bath.

I have spoken to CM Cannan on a few occasions, he seems personable, he agrees with you makes the right noises, pretends he cares and he is tough and knows what’s needed to be done. Sadly when it came to the crunch he is weak, ineffective and hasn’t any backbone. I can expect this from some of our other MHKs but I originally thought that CM Cannan due to his military background and his ‘commercial’ background would be made of sterner stuff. 

He has refused to do anything to reduce public sector costs & recently sanctioned an offer of 5.5% to them . He should be saying any pay offer must be covered by job cuts starting with anyone on over £60k  & see how many go on strike.

• Like 3

You may well be right about Alf but I think the public would be surprised at how little real power the Chief Minister has. He does what the Chief Secretary, A.G. and the Chief Execs tell him, all backed up by Home Office statute. I've often wondered too about the real influence of the President of Tynwald. I can't believe that when the post was created it was for purely ceremonial office. What powers came with it ?

43 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I've often wondered too about the real influence of the President of Tynwald. I can't believe that when the post was created it was for purely ceremonial office. What powers came with it ?

Guardian of the Dressing Up Box?

• Haha 4