IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think the question should be why are the practise nurses not carrying out the procedures any more, presumably they are still employed? There's no need to tie up GPs with simple procedures that a nurse can carry out.

I understand that, completely. It makes sense. I'm just wondering what else GPs are going to offload for stuff that they've supposedly been trained for.

You go into a GP clinic these days and the first thing they do is look up your symptoms on Google (or the NHS equivalent)! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I think the question should be why are the practise nurses not carrying out the procedures any more, presumably they are still employed? There's no need to tie up GPs with simple procedures that a nurse can carry out.

30 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

What do GPs do? Precisely?

GP’s and their staff deliver, and get paid for,  what they are contracted to do under their NHS contract. They are no longer contracted to syringe or irrigate ears, treat warts and verrucas, amongst other things.

46 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So what happens if you get an ear infection after the procedure, does the same private doc prescribe the antibiotics without having had sight of your medical records?

The Private suction way is far, far, better way and the sensation is good.

As opposed to the injection of warm water which I always hated -  and it hurt.

The suction way feels more like when you were a teenager and your first girlfriend kissed and licked your ear.... 🙂 

It is quite the experience.................

ETA - OAP'S  Form and orderly line in Port Erin Station Road.................

Edited by Blade Runner

5 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Why?

It is not going to kill you if you don't have it done.

Okay you could be run over by a Tesla if you did not hear it coming but that must be some sort of Carbon Plus Event?

You won't die if you don't get crutches or a prosthetic after a leg amputation so that might be a shit metric to judge whether something should be free on the NHS or not.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely concerned for the winter.

Nobles is struggling at the moment with ~6 hour waiting times in A&E. We're still at the height of summer (although the weather doesn't know it).

What are the prospects for when we hit mid-winter flu season and other seasonal illnesses like covid and vomiting bugs?

1 minute ago, 0bserver said:

I'm genuinely concerned for the winter.

Nobles is struggling at the moment with ~6 hour waiting times in A&E. We're still at the height of summer (although the weather doesn't know it).

What are the prospects for when we hit mid-winter flu season and other seasonal illnesses like covid and vomiting bugs?

Move to the mainland like I did, you will be fine and more importantly your children will be fine too.

The crap on the telly is isolated "sink" hospitals.

If you live anywhere half decent  on the mainland, you will be fine. Gods Own County is well named for a reason and Sunak lives just up the road from me.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

Move to the mainland like I did, you will be fine and more importantly your children will be fine too.

The crap on the telly is isolated "sink" hospitals.

If you live anywhere half decent  on the mainland, you will be fine. Gods Own County is well named for a reason and Sunak lives just up the road from me.

Everyone I speak to down here is happy with the NHS provision. OK, you can talk to a crabby GP but they are human.

And there's good private provision here and throughout Cornwall / Devon / Dorset.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

GP’s and their staff deliver, and get paid for,  what they are contracted to do under their NHS contract. They are no longer contracted to syringe or irrigate ears, treat warts and verrucas, amongst other things…

…ie, DHSC decision.   Perhaps taking these minor procedures out of the GP contract was a suggestion in the big Cost Improvement Plan.   After all, £3M shortfall to claw back this year!