IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

24 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

The most remarkable thing about this young woman is that by appearance, and descriptions of her character is that she is very remarkably unremarkable.

Fairly sure she knew it too. And possibly exploited it. Some parents and families are calling for further historical investigation, possibly revealing earlier crimes she could've been responsible for.

Part of her will enjoy the intense, new-found notoriety, imo. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1

This warrants a separate thread really but I thought that phrase 'the grief collector' packed a lot of truth and meaning. I also wonder did she get some sort of twisted thrill over the power and control she had; her ability to manipulate the truth; to use the organisation's systems and to hide behind the uniform. In truth, she probably fitted the mould of a very old archetype - the pathological liar. Fantasists who get pleasure from fooling others and weaving spells of deceit. The thrill is in the danger of being found out.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Has anyone heard/read anything about the closure and subsequent 'acquisition' of the Lloyds Pharmacy business?

Last I heard, Clear Pharmacy were taking on some (if not all) of the Lloyds pharmacies - I heard by the end of this month, maybe someone could confirm?

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Thanks. The Onchan (Lloyds) branch is virtually empty and has been for quite a few days now.

There isn’t much on the shelves at Victoria Road, Shopshite Store. I think most customers go in for prescriptions. 

2 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Thanks. The Onchan (Lloyds) branch is virtually empty and has been for quite a few days now.

Ditto the 3 Ramsey branches with the St Paul's shop rarely even open. The Shoprite branch seems to only have prescription customers using it out of convenience whilst at the supermarket?

29 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:
3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Ditto the 3 Ramsey branches with the St Paul's shop rarely even open. The Shoprite branch seems to only have prescription customers using it out of convenience whilst at the supermarket

Presumably Lloyds are running the stock down before handover day.

Presumably Clear will stock up again when they move in.

13 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Presumably Lloyds are running the stock down before handover day.

Presumably Clear will stock up again when they move in.

you'd like to think , i'd also like to think the staff will keep their jobs under the new management,  that said, many chemists are/were struggling for stock long before lloyds  was for sale.

2 minutes ago, WTF said:

that said, many chemists are/were struggling for stock long before lloyds  was for sale.

Yep - that affected everybody, nothing to do with Lloyd’s issues.   Worldwide procurement problems, perhaps exacerbated in the UK by Brexit-related issues - and affecting the island by extension (since most of the island’s stock will come from the UK).

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

you'd like to think , i'd also like to think the staff will keep their jobs under the new management,  that said, many chemists are/were struggling for stock long before lloyds  was for sale.

Wasn't there a period of time not so long ago when LLoyds were struggling to employ sufficient pharmacists as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WTF said:

you'd like to think , i'd also like to think the staff will keep their jobs under the new management.

Let’s hope so. I use the pharmacy in big Shoprite Ramsey.

Not so many months ago they were struggling. Peoples prescriptions not being there, huge queues etc, none of which seemed to be their fault.

The last few months have been fine. Staff always cheery and helpful.