IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

36 minutes ago, quilp said:

Is this the same as point by point rebuttal ? If so I may have spotted a pattern !

This guy is so dense light bends round him .

Edited by asitis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

We understand that this is an anxious time for residents, their families and the colleagues who work at Cummal Mooar and wish to express our sincere apologies for any upset that has been caused."

Lawrie Hooper is the Health and Social Care Minister:

Lawrie Hooper is not fit to be in charge of a Hornby 00 model train set, let alone a health service that requires brains and moral fortitude.

Forgot the man is also a self serving I will survive tit.

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Thanks 3

There were actually two written questions from Watterson.  Manx Radio reported the one where he asked: If [Hooper] will list any inaccuracies he has identified in the 2023 Health Services Consultative Committee Report.  But it's worth reading Hooper's 'reply' in full to get the complete tone of infantile arrogance that it's written in.  "There's loads and loads, but we're not going to tell you what they are.  So there!".

The reply to the second question was also revealing of their attitude.  Watterson asked: What prompted his recent announcement about changing the role of the HSCC; and what consultation will take place before drafting instructions are issued.

The reply is full of the usual weasel words and civil servant speak and the reply to the first half is basically they cocked up the legislation when they set up Manx Care.  I think they thought that if the ignored the HSCC it might go away, but Manx Care seemed to have co-operated with HSCC even though legally they could have refused.  So the DHSC decided to change things because they didn't like being monitored.

As to whom they are going to consult with to decide what changes to make, they legally have to consult with the HSCC (they sound very resentful about this) so they're going to send someone along to the next HSCC meeting to tell them what they are going to do.  And that's it:

it is not felt that broader consultation is required at this stage. However, following the implementation of the new Regulations the role of the HSCC will be further evaluated and any learning or feedback from their re-focused functions can be incorporated into the Reform Bill.

So the only people who will decide what the new Regulations say are the people the HSCC are supposed to be monitoring.  

Edited by Roger Mexico
Add italics
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I hope RAMSEY VOTERS remember the utter and complete contempt this man holds for the manxpeople, the man is living in a state of denial that any mistakes have been made by his department and himself. Man is a knob of the first order, lives in the same fantasy land as Ashford

Fixed that for you…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I hope people remember the utter and complete contempt this man holds for the manxpeople, the man is living in a state of denial that any mistakes have been made by his department and himself. Man is a knob of the first order, lives in the same fantasy land as Ashford. 

The way your IOM  politics works though is that peeps in the news get re-elected.

He is in the news so peeps remember him come the election.

That 90% of the peeps elected to be MHKs are totally unsuitable does not matter - They fixed my mothers garden gate and / or got the local dogsh1t picked up or I heard that nice bloke on the radio saying he is stopping Cummal Moar shutting (Despite him being in "Charge" of the department that said it was closing)..........

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Banker said:

On something more relevant, Uk Have announced that only those aged 65+ or vulnerable persons will be eligible for Covid & flu jabs this winter, anyone know if Iom will follow suit as they normally do?

We got the first, and the most important jabs about 6 weeks earlier than you at the start is all that matters.

You lot were still trying to find shipping containers to store the used vials  and not wanting to sign it off............

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

We got the first, and the most important jabs about 6 weeks earlier than you at the start is all that matters.

You lot were still trying to find shipping containers to store the used vials  and not wanting to sign it off............

You still lurking around here?

16 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

The way your IOM  politics works though is that peeps in the news get re-elected.

He is in the news so peeps remember him come the election.

That 90% of the peeps elected to be MHKs are totally unsuitable does not matter - They fixed my mothers garden gate and / or got the local dogsh1t picked up or I heard that nice bloke on the radio saying he is stopping Cummal Moar shutting (Despite him being in "Charge" of the department that said it was closing)..........

But it was Manx Care that said the facility would have to close before a replacement because they are running it and knew they had no funding. 

So, rather than distance the provision of health services from the policy makers, this has just illustrated that that objective has been missed by a country mile, whatever that is.

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But it was Manx Care that said the facility would have to close before a replacement because they are running it and knew they had no funding. 

So, rather than distance the provision of health services from the policy makers, this has just illustrated that that objective has been missed by a country mile, whatever that is.

Yes, this exactly

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

It looks quite amateur from a look at it, really amateur.

Just now, Blade Runner said:

Yes, this exactly

The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

It looks quite amateur from a look at it, really amateur.

No, the right hand knows exactly what the left is doing, they just hoped they could create a situation where the decisions of MC would never rebound on the government.  As others have said, a flawed arrangement.

• Like 1