IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

This would seem to be a good decision as some of the press reports would imply that some of the managers could possi8bly have reacted  better to the unfolding events.

The other news of the day is the move to compel defendants ,or face an increased sentance? to attend court for the verdict!

Of course I know nothing of the mindset of Letby but maybe she was able to continue to offend by denying responsibility to allow her to continue to offend and the progress of the trial and the inevitable verdict and victim statements was a realisation of her actions that she didn't want to face or the opprobrium of the court or the press or the victim statements because this process had brought it home or forced her to accept blame for her actions?

I've no doubt that there was a psychological problem that allowed her to continue in her actions but the thought of her or anyone being forced into court to hear the verdict does not seem to be part of the rehabilitation process???

The move to force attendance is a political move, for political reasons?, not always the best reaction?

Just now, Hoops said:

Your body may have left the island mate, but your heads still here.

Very true in my case. As I have a dog, visiting from Cornwall isn't so simple but planning on a mobile home visit for a few weeks when the Ramsey Pier restoration is finished.

Despite all the self-inflicted crap going on, the IOM is a beautiful place.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

So the  unelected mlc, former plod, tosser and all round Twitter bore has had a difficult time getting a consultation. Tell us something we don’t know. Us plebs have known this for yonks but I suppose Dave from Regaby can’t see a Dr doesn’t fit Manx Radios pathetic news desk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, La Colombe said:

Don't worry, the dog will be well dead by then. 

Would be the case were the DOI in charge, but given the speed and effort of the volunteers I don't think that's the case.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Would be the case were the DOI in charge, but given the speed and effort of the volunteers I don't think that's the case.

I was walking down the beach under the pier a couple of weeks back and had a look at what's going on, the workmanship on what they've done is excellent. They're on the 5th bay now, it's going to take many years to complete the job but big respect due for taking it on. Their work and enthusiasm contrasts sharply with that of the wasters who took the decision to let the pier fall into dereliction in the first instance IMHO. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Very true in my case. As I have a dog, visiting from Cornwall isn't so simple but planning on a mobile home visit for a few weeks when the Ramsey Pier restoration is finished.

Despite all the self-inflicted crap going on, the IOM is a beautiful place.

Given you can’t book the Steam Packet beyond January 2024 ( as ever the next year timetable isn’t uploaded until mid October ) and the glacial pace of restoration, I wouldn’t gamble on you, or the dog, being with us still when the pier restoration is finished.

Just now, John Wright said:

Given you can’t book the Steam Packet beyond January 2024 ( as ever the next year timetable isn’t uploaded until mid October ) and the glacial pace of restoration, I wouldn’t gamble on you, or the dog, being with us still when the pier restoration is finished.

The guys are doing a far better job than the DOI who wanted to knock it down. Anyway, planning on being around for many years to come.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Or any of us. I remember hearing an interview a few months ago where one of the QPRT people gave a figure ( without buying in help) of a good few decades ahead for completion. Less if they were able to pay for outside help. 
Anyway they are doing a fantastic job and good on them for keeping the pier alive when it was is real danger of just being dismantled.

Respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2