IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

The only latest Covid news I could find from local media was an announcement a little while ago stating that DHSC were aware and were monitoring the progress of the new variant...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/public-health-aware-of-new-covid-variant/

This has happened before when a new variant has been discovered. The number of cases appears to be low, for now, and reports suggest that symptoms are mild.

Some family members have determined that they won't be having any more vaccines, regardless of risk, all of them having at least 4 each.

Is this a foolhardy attitude, do you think..? 

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

The only latest Covid news I could find from local media was an announcement a little while ago stating that DHSC were aware and were monitoring the progress of the new variant...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/public-health-aware-of-new-covid-variant/

This has happened before when a new variant has been discovered. The number of cases appears to be low, for now, and reports suggest that symptoms are mild.

Some family members have determined that they won't be having any more vaccines, regardless of risk, all of them having at least 4 each.

Is this a foolhardy attitude, do you think..? 

Well I and my immediate family one of whom works in NHS will be having boosters when offered, impossible to tell how any variant will affect individuals. I’ve had Covid only once this year when it was extremely mild & thought I had hay fever but tested as visiting very vulnerable person 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

... impossible to tell how any variant will affect individuals.

This is the crux of it. Once again, some experts are saying that so far the symptoms are very much like seasonal influenza and as the numbers are so low it's impossible to predict infection rates at this time, though this will likely change. Do you believe we should be worried? 

2 hours ago, quilp said:

This is the crux of it. Once again, some experts are saying that so far the symptoms are very much like seasonal influenza and as the numbers are so low it's impossible to predict infection rates at this time, though this will likely change. Do you believe we should be worried? 

Well NHS are obviously sufficiently concerned to bring forward boosters by a month so assume they think it could adversely impact older/immunocompromised people 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well NHS are obviously sufficiently concerned to bring forward boosters by a month so assume they think it could adversely impact older/immunocompromised people 

I get what you're saying. Is DHSC procrastinating? The Jersey Evening Post is quite informative (more than our own media) and it may be that our NHS is watching and waiting in the same way...

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/morenews/uknews/2023/08/31/covid-19-hospital-admissions-in-england-at-three-month-high/

On 8/31/2023 at 7:27 PM, John Wright said:

Given you can’t book the Steam Packet beyond January 2024 ( as ever the next year timetable isn’t uploaded until mid October ) and the glacial pace of restoration, I wouldn’t gamble on you, or the dog, being with us still when the pier restoration is finished.

Or even a lot of the blokes doing the work. They are doing a brilliant job, and I wish them nothing but success, but it is a bit of a Last of the Summer Wine wheeze.

23 hours ago, philwebs said:

Vit D - at least 1000 mg

I would add that a vitamin D3 supplement with the addition of K3 is better as it allows calcium to do it’s job rather than coat tissue and artery walls. 

There’s also a lot of research coming about adding magnesium to the D3/K3  supplementation protocol. Worth checking out and making your own mind up about.