IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

16 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Please read this. Seems to imply that all staff involved in providing patient care were to be transferred from th DHSC to Manxcare.

I guess it'll be for the tribunal to rule on this

Not sure what point you’re making? No one is named.

Technical Q. Is the MD directly involved in patient care?

27 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

Not sure what point you’re making? No one is named.

Technical Q. Is the MD directly involved in patient care?

Depends on how direct you mean.  Their decisions can affect patient care, but only one of the last 4 MDs here have 'gotten their hands dirty' by actually seeing and treating patients in a clinical setting.  Few MDs do these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The advert doesn’t mention direct involvement with patients? And the 6 months fixed term must be up, even if they had to give 6 months notice. Manx Care started 1/4/21.

You are correct on both counts. Perhaps the JD was changed intentionally? When I get some spare time I'll locate the old JD to compare

15 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Any reports from the tribunal this week?

Maybe not until the end of the week? I thought I saw it reported that witnesses have given their evidence now, and this week is just lawyers and the tribunal exchanging documents until the tribunal gives a ruling on Friday?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

Maybe not until the end of the week? I thought I saw it reported that witnesses have given their evidence now, and this week is just lawyers and the tribunal exchanging documents until the tribunal gives a ruling on Friday?

The judgment will be written. I’d expect a month, or more, to produce a written analysis of the evidence and find facts to apply the law to get a result 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, craggy_steve said:

The report was that there would be final submissions on Friday and then the Tribunal presumably consider what they have and make a judgement.  I wouldn't expect a decision this week. 

• Thanks 1