IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

One of the many IOMG managers? Manx Care Boss? 

its like Harry Enfields Loads of Money character or I’m considerably richer than yous. 

Whilst someone may be buying or dreaming about a car, can they afford it or is it bought through Black Horse or Conister? 

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

One of the many IOMG managers? Manx Care Boss? 

its like Harry Enfields Loads of Money character or I’m considerably richer than yous. 

Whilst someone may be buying or dreaming about a car, can they afford it or is it bought through Black Horse or Conister? 

Today I start work in my new role as Manx Care’s General Manager Medicine, Urgent Care and Ambulance CARE Group. I’m delighted to have secured the opportunity to remain involved in the transformation of health and care on the Isle of Man. The journey continues… #OurManxCare #ManxCare #IsleofMan

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

It's strange, The NHS across is falling apart under the strain of 'a flood of immigrants', the NHS over here is falling apart for a lack of the desired 15000 immigrants?

Every decision made now can only be seen through the prism of the colossal overspends on public works and government staffing - past and present.

I paid me and my wife's tax bills around the same time as the Ranson payout. It did make me wonder what the point of giving these twats our meagre amount, earned through hard manual labour and under-appreciated and paid care work, when they are just going to spend it on themselves or on another fuck up. 

The problems of the NHS in England are the fault of government, not a 'flood of immigrants'. Immigrants make up a large proportion of its staff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

The problems of the NHS in England are the fault of government, not a 'flood of immigrants'. Immigrants make up a large proportion of its staff.

It’s always a money issue everywhere, increasing demands, older population, everyone expecting instant access to whatever they need etc. we all need to pay more taxes to fund healthcare & this needs addressing now!

Its not worth going on about past mistakes, ferry terminal etc because that money has gone!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Do these people have no idea whatsoever what its like at the other end of the spectrum?

I don’t imagine he was considering the reaction on these boards when he posted it.   TBH, I don’t really care what he spends his money on, provided he earns it.

What is his Manx Care post actually for?   What will he achieve to make healthcare better for the public?   How will he improve the efficiency of his service while enhancing morale and working conditions for his staff?   Will he get value for money without taking a hatchet to his designated front line services?   Will he speak truth to power, if he has to?   

If he can manage that and more, I don’t care what he drives.

We’re watching…

The poor get poorer ... what little they have is needed to top up the trough so the pigs can continue to feed in the style to which they've both entitled themselves and become accustomed.

This Island is all about looking after yourself now, more than ever.

14 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

I don’t imagine he was considering the reaction on these boards when he posted it.   TBH, I don’t really care what he spends his money on, provided he earns it.

What is his Manx Care post actually for?   What will he achieve to make healthcare better for the public?   How will he improve the efficiency of his service while enhancing morale and working conditions for his staff?   Will he get value for money without taking a hatchet to his designated front line services?   Will he speak truth to power, if he has to?   

If he can manage that and more, I don’t care what he drives.

We’re watching…

My reaction surprised me too. It's just the huge disparity between the rich and the poor that gets to me.

Here's his blurb...

An accomplished leader of operational and strategic change, comfortable operating at board level in dynamic and challenging environments and well-versed in the delivery of complex projects to analyse, plan and then deliver structural reform and cost improvements. A confident and persuasive communicator and an effective coach and mentor with extensive knowledge of the planning, organisation, delivery and optimisation of training. ‘Good at people’ and in dealing with people-centric issues and policies and at effecting change where consent and a transformation in the prevailing culture is necessary. 

With a number of commercial and business-related qualifications including an MBA (with distinction), a Certificate in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors, the Association of Project Managers Project Management Qualification and the Institute of Leadership and Management Coaching and Mentoring qualification. With wide ranging experience in the fields of defence, education, local government, financial services, the third sector and health care.
HMRC registered 'Fit and Proper Person' and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.

He's been in post for two years and four months and before that spent a year and two months as Manx Care Project lead.

Who knows if he's doing a good job. I'm would question that even the most consummate professional would struggle to make any kind of difference given the system they're working in, and against.

And yet we keep throwing more and more money at it.

Argh.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That has made my blood boil just a tiny bit. 

Do these people have no idea whatsoever what its like at the other end of the spectrum?

I found the post very insensitive to say the least. What this person spends his ‘hard earned’ money (and I say that loosely) is their business. I couldn’t really care less if he wants to be like Sir Lancelot Spratt, drive a Rolls Royce, or have a Chauffeur ………. As long as they are paying not us. However in this economically challenging times, especially with the financial position of Manx Care, coupled with rising inflation, interest/mortgage rates, I would say for such an intelligent individual …………. he doesn’t come across as someone who uses ‘common sense’. Being Boastful and actively flaunting wealth, on a small island isn’t a wise thing to do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

My reaction surprised me too. It's just the huge disparity between the rich and the poor that gets to me.

Here's his blurb...

An accomplished leader of operational and strategic change, comfortable operating at board level in dynamic and challenging environments and well-versed in the delivery of complex projects to analyse, plan and then deliver structural reform and cost improvements. A confident and persuasive communicator and an effective coach and mentor with extensive knowledge of the planning, organisation, delivery and optimisation of training. ‘Good at people’ and in dealing with people-centric issues and policies and at effecting change where consent and a transformation in the prevailing culture is necessary. 

With a number of commercial and business-related qualifications including an MBA (with distinction), a Certificate in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors, the Association of Project Managers Project Management Qualification and the Institute of Leadership and Management Coaching and Mentoring qualification. With wide ranging experience in the fields of defence, education, local government, financial services, the third sector and health care.
HMRC registered 'Fit and Proper Person' and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.

He's been in post for two years and four months and before that spent a year and two months as Manx Care Project lead.

Who knows if he's doing a good job. I'm would question that even the most consummate professional would struggle to make any kind of difference given the system they're working in, and against.

And yet we keep throwing more and more money at it.

Argh.

It’s not just Manx Care where IOMG is throwing more and more money at, they seem to be recruiting civil servants and manager, over spending on frontline services. 

• Like 2