IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

22 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

So the good people working in MC to make things better might as well resign and go home?

No. I want him to stay there and don’t what he’s paid to do. I’m just not sure, in the current care environment that he’ll be ‘allowed’ to do so. This isn’t personal. I don’t know the guy and that don’t know what he’s made of. And you’re right, he can spend his money as he likes but to flaunt it in the way he did when others can’t get the treatment they so desperately need seems crass and insensitive. 

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

No. I want him to stay there and don’t what he’s paid to do. I’m just not sure, in the current care environment that he’ll be ‘allowed’ to do so. This isn’t personal. I don’t know the guy and that don’t know what he’s made of. And you’re right, he can spend his money as he likes but to flaunt it in the way he did when others can’t get the treatment they so desperately need seems crass and insensitive. 

Sadly there are some who have all the qualifications in the world, some have qualifications and experience, some have qualifications not much work or life experience, but above all else they have no common sense, or zero empathy. Me Me Me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Sadly there are some who have all the qualifications in the world, some have qualifications and experience, some have qualifications not much work or life experience, but above all else they have no common sense, or zero empathy. Me Me Me. 

But, but..... he's got an MBA. How very dare you!

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

This isn’t personal. I don’t know the guy and that don’t know what he’s made of.

My comment wasn’t personal either - I wasn’t referring to the Porsche Driver, about whom I know nothing.   I was suggesting that if all the good people in the health service just gave up trying to make change for the better - because the effort was futile and the game wasn’t worth the candle - we’d have no health service at all.   

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

My reaction surprised me too. It's just the huge disparity between the rich and the poor that gets to me.

Here's his blurb...

An accomplished leader of operational and strategic change, comfortable operating at board level in dynamic and challenging environments and well-versed in the delivery of complex projects to analyse, plan and then deliver structural reform and cost improvements. A confident and persuasive communicator and an effective coach and mentor with extensive knowledge of the planning, organisation, delivery and optimisation of training. ‘Good at people’ and in dealing with people-centric issues and policies and at effecting change where consent and a transformation in the prevailing culture is necessary. 

With a number of commercial and business-related qualifications including an MBA (with distinction), a Certificate in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors, the Association of Project Managers Project Management Qualification and the Institute of Leadership and Management Coaching and Mentoring qualification. With wide ranging experience in the fields of defence, education, local government, financial services, the third sector and health care.
HMRC registered 'Fit and Proper Person' and Money Laundering Reporting Officer.

He's been in post for two years and four months and before that spent a year and two months as Manx Care Project lead.

Who knows if he's doing a good job. I'm would question that even the most consummate professional would struggle to make any kind of difference given the system they're working in, and against.

And yet we keep throwing more and more money at it.

Argh.

And there are literally hundreds of thousands with the same bullshit in their CV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Where does he find the time to drive two Porsches?  What salary band is this chap on?

Doesn’t mean he’s buying 2 , also he could have inherited money or sold houses etc. what they spend money is no concern as long as he does a good job 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Whilst someone may be buying or dreaming about a car, can they afford it or is it bought through Black Horse or Conister? 

A new GT3 is £128K the other has got to be touching £100K. Both special order probably only to repeat buyers with a good waiting list so they won’t be financed. Great to see that a Manx Care package can support a £250K super car garage.