IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Bloomin 'eck! If the dhsc did concoct the minutes, why didn't they think of altering the meta data? Arrogance? Incompetence? Or a bit of both?

What kind of documentation system are they running there? (As they kept finding emails that had slipped down the back of the filing cabinet, I suspect not much of a system at all).

However in a reasonable environment besides (supposedly) creating a document, they would also have to insert it into the backups for the year 2020 in a way that it appears in the right place - that would be tricky. Maybe they have no backups at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Bloomin 'eck! If the dhsc did concoct the minutes, why didn't they think of altering the meta data? Arrogance? Incompetence? Or a bit of both?

Lack of intelligence? 

I really hope the Police follow this through but somehow I don't think they will.

The current CC will still not apologise for his predecessors over the top, full blown mental discrimination and  targeting of Gays. What hope for a bit of computer skulduggery/ forgery to cover up CS misdemeanors.......

Shocking.

Edited by Boris Johnson

So, James Boyd reminded the panel that the case was not about the government's handling of the pandemic but about the decision not to move Dr R to Manx Care.

From what has been covered in the press, no one is really looking at the handling of the pandemic, but the handling of a senior professional in the DHSC. 

What an odd thing to say, or be picked up as significant by the reporter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, littlebushy said:

Is that the same as shredding a letter and then sticking it back together.....and it then saying what you want it to say?

Frankly, I don't think many doubt the existence of "the letter".  The doubt is the purpose and if it was a bit of "theatre" concocted to support a particular line, further underlined by the immediate shredding.  It would be interesting to search the system around that time to see if such a letter may ever have been created. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Be good if specific names were ultimately revealed rather than tarnishing the whole DHSC with the same brush 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 747-400 said:

Be good if specific names were ultimately revealed rather than tarnishing the whole DHSC with the same brush 

Very good point.  It would also be good if a directive went out to the IT staff not to tamper with any of the network data and to report immediately if requested to do so.

I should imagine the AG's office is feeling pretty pissed off at the moment. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, James Boyd reminded the panel that the case was not about the government's handling of the pandemic but about the decision not to move Dr R to Manx Care.

From what has been covered in the press, no one is really looking at the handling of the pandemic, but the handling of a senior professional in the DHSC. 

What an odd thing to say, or be picked up as significant by the reporter.

One thought … because Dr Glover was also interviewed in relation to her struggles to get her views/recommendations heard by those making decisions,  and people automatically think pandemic….?

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Frankly, I don't think many doubt the existence of "the letter".  The doubt is the purpose and if it was a bit of "theatre" concocted to support a particular line, further underlined by the immediate shredding.  It would be interesting to search the system around that time to see if such a letter may ever have been created. 

It was without doubt theatre!

Howie: 'you've received a letter haven't you David'

Drac: 'yes I have Howard'

Howie: 'would you like to read it'

Drac: 'yes I would...'

To me, to you...

2 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

One thought … because Dr Glover was also interviewed in relation to her struggles to get her views/recommendations heard by those making decisions,  and people automatically think pandemic….?

Yes, of course, but the handling of the pandemic isn't really that relevant so why raise it as being relevant?  It just strikes me that the AG's office may have been blindsided by this revelation

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Very good point.  It would also be good if a directive went out to the IT staff not to tamper with any of the network data and to report immediately if requested to do so.

I should imagine the AG's office is feeling pretty pissed off at the moment. 

Unless it was a highly sophisticated IT hack, it should be easy to check against backups and/or see when the latest version was saved on the current drive. Or even indeed if the version presented to the tribunal matches that backed up. 

I would have thought 🤔