IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Just now, Jarndyce said:

Nahh, they just WANT you to think that - state mind control in action.

So, the relatives of a patient who is on that ward, and told me in the hospital cafe when I bumped into them are propaganda agents for the IOM Government. I’ll take them off my Christmas card list. 

1 minute ago, Jarndyce said:

Nahh, they just WANT you to think that - state mind control in action.

Yes, so they can lock us all down again and really put the nail in the economic and social coffin. 

Or, insist on vaxxing everyone so they can get that chip into us all.

Joking aside, the preoccupation of a lot of people on both sides of all Covid related arguments just shows that the fear tap turned on in 2020 is proving tricky to turn off. 

• Like 3

The NPM (MR) reports that the Manx Labour Party (MLP) says that the community should back workers and it’s fully behind Manx workers who undertook strike action. So it’s backing Manx Workers, what about foreign workers who are Manx residents? I would add that it’s not for a political party to tell the Manx public who they should ‘back’ in an industrial dispute. Many Manx patients will be suffering, have their appointments cancelled and be languishing on a waiting list for hospital treatments - so I would imagine their views may not as supportive as others. 

Secondly I support the nurses wholeheartedly in the industrial action, and have said that between Manx Care and the Treasury, things have been not harmonious, and relations frayed to say the least, especially with the no money mantra. Perhaps it’s time to think outside the box and be creative, towards creating additional funding and terms and conditions? All nurses regardless of their nationality should be well renumerated (full and part time permanent members of staff I am assuming, whilet agency, and contract staff will be subject to their own agreements).

Thirdly whilst Joney Faragher MHK as current Manx Labour Party Leader would have crafted the press release, it must be uncomfortable for Sarah Maltby MHK, as the other Manx Labour Party member, who sits as a member of the Treasury. After all, both her negotiating and influencing skills, both towards trying to find a way to unlock additional funding have been fruitless. The same could be applied to that other man of the people, Silly Billy Henderson MLC, the ‘big’ Union Man and ex Nursing Man. Another man of little influence, and devoid of ideas.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

Never time for it to cool down. Think Cookie Monster on speed. 

Without wishing to play Top Trumps on drugs usage but Cookie Monster on speed wouldn't be feeling like eating bacon or brown sauce. They'd be cleaning the kitchen tho, and everywhere else...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1