IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

So, Mrs Peas had a hip replacement on Friday. Synaptic team were first class from arrival to discharge. Very friendly professional bunch. New surgeon who I assume replaced Mr Barker was very pleasant too. Mrs had a four bed ward to herself, and there were two blokes in the four bedded room next door, so not busy by any stretch. Surgery completed at 5pm Friday, and on the way home 11am Saturday. Apparently when this team first came to Nobles, none of the local staff would speak to them. Was a bit sad to hear that. Anyhow, it looks like the waiting list for joints has come down quite a bit, so assume they won’t be around for much longer. Unless they get involved in other general surgery of course. They were up in the Hebrides before here, and helped get their waiting list down too. One of the few useful things we’ve spent taxes on in recent times in my opinion. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

So, Mrs Peas had a hip replacement on Friday. Synaptic team were first class from arrival to discharge. Very friendly professional bunch. New surgeon who I assume replaced Mr Barker was very pleasant too. Mrs had a four bed ward to herself, and there were two blokes in the four bedded room next door, so not busy by any stretch. Surgery completed at 5pm Friday, and on the way home 11am Saturday. Apparently when this team first came to Nobles, none of the local staff would speak to them. Was a bit sad to hear that. Anyhow, it looks like the waiting list for joints has come down quite a bit, so assume they won’t be around for much longer. Unless they get involved in other general surgery of course. They were up in the Hebrides before here, and helped get their waiting list down too. One of the few useful things we’ve spent taxes on in recent times in my opinion. 

Best wishes Mrs Peas. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cheesypeas said:

When the first team came to Noble’s in April last year they worked very closely with the local staff - I think I did the first cases with them - so this ‘none of the local staff would speak to them’ is nonsense. 

The reason the ward wasn’t busy was because the patients I did on Wednesday all went home on Thursday and Thursday itself was a nursing strike so no elective work got done. 

The new surgeon is Ross Barker’s locum - his permanent replacement starts next month. 

Synaptik are already doing some general surgery and have been for a while. Just not from the same ward as orthopaedics - infection control. 

The waiting list for orthopaedic surgery has come down a lot, but new parients keep coming all the time. I did my 1000th joint replacement this week. I do sometimes wonder where they all keep coming from. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, wrighty said:

When the first team came to Noble’s in April last year they worked very closely with the local staff - I think I did the first cases with them - so this ‘none of the local staff would speak to them’ is nonsense. 

The reason the ward wasn’t busy was because the patients I did on Wednesday all went home on Thursday and Thursday itself was a nursing strike so no elective work got done. 

The new surgeon is Ross Barker’s locum - his permanent replacement starts next month. 

Synaptik are already doing some general surgery and have been for a while. Just not from the same ward as orthopaedics - infection control. 

The waiting list for orthopaedic surgery has come down a lot, but new parients keep coming all the time. I did my 1000th joint replacement this week. I do sometimes wonder where they all keep coming from. 

Not sure why the nurse would lie, but anyway, all good. 

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Not sure why the nurse would lie, but anyway, all good. 

Exaggeration, Chinese Whispers. I’m not sure any of the current Synaptik team were here 18 months ago when it all started. In essence they’re an agency providing a team of staff to support the local services, and in such cases there is a huge turnover. It’s true that the relationship between Synaptik and our local staff has not been 100% plain sailing - is anything? - but to claim no-one would talk to them is rubbish. 

• Like 1

Just now, wrighty said:

Exaggeration, Chinese Whispers. I’m not sure any of the current Synaptik team were here 18 months ago when it all started. In essence they’re an agency providing a team of staff to support the local services, and in such cases there is a huge turnover. It’s true that the relationship between Synaptik and our local staff has not been 100% plain sailing - is anything? - but to claim no-one would talk to them is rubbish. 

Fury muff. 

…..there’s a box of M&S chocolate biscuits in one of the drawers by the nurses station in ward 12 if you fancy one 😬.

On 9/16/2023 at 7:22 PM, asitis said:

A good start would be reigning in Government bloat and their profligate spending on vanity projects. Then redirect funding to frontline vital services. 

ETA Government are generally unfit to hold the executive power over public money.

Of course you are right but our out of touch, stupid and selfish politicos, led by a pathetic shouty Chief Minister, who sadly isn’t cut out for leadership. They are also too blind to see what they doing and the harm they are causing by their inaction, and their obsession with growing the island’s population, above all else, as though it’s the only thing that matters (as well as climate change obsessing). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1