IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, HeteroErectus said:

What MC are trying to do is push their users towards their GP to reduce workload on the doctors and nurses at Nobles.

A few weeks ago I was standing in a queue at a GP's reception. The person in front of me, at the head of the queue, was not having any luck getting an appointment within the next few weeks. There was some extensive to-ing and fro-ing, but in the end, the receptionist said "Just go to A&E". Eventually the poor fellow shuffled off.

Which seems to be the GPs shoving the problem to Nobles.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

A few weeks ago I was standing in a queue at a GP's reception. The person in front of me, at the head of the queue, was not having any luck getting an appointment within the next few weeks. There was some extensive to-ing and fro-ing, but in the end, the receptionist said "Just go to A&E". Eventually the poor fellow shuffled off.

Which seems to be the GPs shoving the problem to Nobles.

And there you have it. Another joined up government department. Not!

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Zulu said:

An arm and a leg. Luckily the waiting list for surgery is about 34 years.

1 hour ago, Zulu said:

Some shocking and less shocking accusations. Why would the CEO not reply to emails?

The claim about not being included in the staff pictures is reminiscent of the chap from the fisherman film.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/may/29/noel-clarke-i-was-left-off-fishermans-friends-poster-and-none-of-the-cast-spoke-up

On 9/24/2023 at 9:52 PM, Omobono said:

They had better change the answerphone message in my Doctors surgery then  it specifically says if your call is of an urgent nature hang up and dial 999  it looks like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing  Hooper said on Thursday at the government conference  there needed to be changes  in DHSC  and Manx Care  then they should start by getting rid of him !  Mr teflon,  and put someone in there who  has some empathy for the Islands people  and the future of its  health care , 

Except for Ballasalla GPs are private operations, although they get paid and indemnified by the state, so the answer phone is not a Manx Care issue.

To be fair, it would be better to take a broader look. For example, how does health care here compare to European countries?

How about aiming for the highest standards, rather than accepting being not quite at the lowest standards?

And the answer? The population has to rise up and march on Tynwald. (OK, that bit was unrealistic)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Anyone said:

To be fair it’s not just here. Healthcare provision in the UK is very poor. You need to be almost or already dead to get a doctor to see you.  Most GP surgeries in the UK won’t even check your blood pressure now and forget blood tests. Not available.

A bit of an exaggeration, in fact one hell of an exaggeration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anyone said:

To be fair it’s not just here. Healthcare provision in the UK is very poor. You need to be almost or already dead to get a doctor to see you.  Most GP surgeries in the UK won’t even check your blood pressure now and forget blood tests. Not available.

It’s worse in Uk particularly dental with many reports of people doing self dentistry, at least here you get emergency treatment if no NHs dentist, also 24 hours in Uk a&e is frequent & next week all junior doctors plus consultants are in strike so don’t get ill !!