IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

8 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Unless it was a highly sophisticated IT hack, it should be easy to check against backups and/or see when the latest version was saved on the current drive. Or even indeed if the version presented to the tribunal matches that backed up. 

I would have thought 🤔

Confirming authenticity of the submitted documents is trivial if they were created on a government machine

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, quilp said:

Can't it be shredded....? 😂

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s not a pickle it’s arrogance. Hopefully the police have a forensic IT expert who will be able to easily tell when the documents were generated. It does look like a case of ‘here’s one we found earlier’ every time they’ve been asked to back up their version of events. 

Why the feck didn't they just shred it and claim GDPR. It worked before!

• Like 1

Quote:

"The panel will meet again, after it makes a decision on Dr Ranson's case, to hear evidence from the department about the authenticity of the files before deciding whether it needs to pass the matter to the Isle of Man Constabulary."

Isn't that the wrong way round? Unless the document  is not relevant to the case,

18 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Unless it was a highly sophisticated IT hack, it should be easy to check against backups and/or see when the latest version was saved on the current drive. Or even indeed if the version presented to the tribunal matches that backed up. 

I would have thought 🤔

I have to say, in defence, that the minutes could have been prepared based on contemporaneous handwritten notes just that they hadn't been typed up.

The problem with that is that the handwritten notes will inevitably be in the author's shorthand and may not carry the nuance of the actual meeting. So, are they reliable?

Not best practice by any stretch, but not quite the same as falsifying a document.  

Perhaps what happened was the clerk of the meeting took notes but didn't type them up. If that was the case, you would either produce the handwritten notes, heavily caveated that they were exactly what they were and not seen or confirmed by the attendees, or you say there are no approved minutes of the meeting.

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Well that (dodgy documents) seems to be the recurrent theme with the DHSC doesn’t it? But it looks like they might have found someone who doesn’t believe their BS this time round. You’d hope if documents are found to be fabricated heads will roll. But I’d seriously doubt that. 

I thought Magson had already departed.

54 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

One thought … because Dr Glover was also interviewed in relation to her struggles to get her views/recommendations heard by those making decisions,  and people automatically think pandemic….?

Don't believe the Manx Radio take on my evidence session.

My witness statement and evidence was in three parts: 1. The science that I carried out during my time at the DHSC which proves one of Dr. Ranson's whistleblowing claims; 2. The occasions I met Dr. Ranson during my time at the DHSC, and 3. My experience of the DHSC. 

For some reason, Manx Radio concentrated only on the first 2 minutes of my 60 minute evidence session regarding a tweet put forward by the DHSC as "proof" that I should be personally discredited in order to discredit my science.

I wonder why the DHSC would want me to be discredited given the science is empirical and has no opinion, just data 🤔

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Don't believe the Manx Radio take on my evidence session.

My witness statement and evidence was in three parts: 1. The science that I carried out during my time at the DHSC which proves one of Dr. Ranson's whistleblowing claims; 2. The occasions I met Dr. Ranson during my time at the DHSC, and 3. My experience of the DHSC. 

For some reason, Manx Radio concentrated only on the first 2 minutes of my 60 minute evidence session regarding a tweet put forward by the DHSC as "proof" that I should be personally discredited in order to discredit my science.

I wonder why the DHSC would want me to be discredited given the science is empirical and has no opinion, just data 🤔

Fortunately, it is not MR that is considering the matter.

• Like 2

IF it's found those documents were forged (and it's only an IF) then I almost guarantee nobody will lose their job over it. 

There's zero accountability in public life on the island. 

I would love to be proved wrong and hear Hooperman say people will be held accountable if there was any fraud. 

Edited by 0bserver

2 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

IF it's found those documents were forged (and it's only an IF) then I almost guarantee nobody will lose their job over it. 

There's zero accountability in public life on the island. 

I would love to be proved wrong and hear Hooperman say people will be held accountable if there was any fraud. 

Well, if there is a proper criminal investigation and it is found that a document has been falsified, it will be the subject of a criminal trial.  If the person responsible is found guilty, doesn't a criminal record jeopardise your employment?

The issue will be whether it is referred for investigation and that it is investigated.

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Well, if there is a proper criminal investigation and it is found that a document has been falsified, it will be the subject of a criminal trial.  If the person responsible is found guilty, doesn't a criminal record jeopardise your employment?

The issue will be whether it is referred for investigation and that it is investigated.

You're forgetting who runs the police and the courts!

• Like 1