IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

This link is to the Manx Care Public Board Meeting 7th February 2023. Go to 9:08. Cope reads out a letter from someone who benefited from cataract surgery. This really is about the blind being able to see again. Cataract surgery is, I assume, a routine, fairly cheap operation, but its impact on the patient is significant. Manx Care is proud.

OK.

If the fellow mentioned above writes to Cope about his experiences, what are the chances that she will read out that letter in the next board meeting?

Manx Care is not a private company. The directors should not be engaged in self-promotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7UtaUWm10&t=4618s

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This link is to the Manx Care Public Board Meeting 7th February 2023. Go to 9:08. Cope reads out a letter from someone who benefited from cataract surgery. This really is about the blind being able to see again. Cataract surgery is, I assume, a routine, fairly cheap operation, but its impact on the patient is significant. Manx Care is proud.

OK.

If the fellow mentioned above writes to Cope about his experiences, what are the chances that she will read out that letter in the next board meeting?

Manx Care is not a private company. The directors should not be engaged in self-promotion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7UtaUWm10&t=4618s

I suspect the 'patient stories' are carefully selected and are not likely to include adverse experiences of the health service.

• Like 4

They appear to be advertising for cardiologists here https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/Job/JobDetail?JobId=17352

And Manx Care have no doubt about the trajectory of healthcare on the Isle of Man in the advert.... 'Our vision is to become the best small island-based health and care system' (I can hear in my head a Tim Crookall voice saying don't laugh)

1 hour ago, newaccount said:

There are currently 710 Whole Time Equivalent (WTE) posts showing as vacant across all areas of Manx Care.

UNSAFE

they must think of the money they are saving `in not paying salaries and pensions ,  but when you analyse what it costs for locums and for patients to travel to the UK for care  you can soon see why they are constantly overspent on their budget , it cant go on like this  the Manx Care bubble must burst sometime , 

• Like 2

On 10/3/2023 at 9:51 PM, Banker said:

Cardiology appointments reinstated from next week & all canceled appointments back on as priority so hopefully those waiting for their only painter will be ok 😂

They are stating this is due to an admin error, but that the other cardiologists have agreed to take on the extra work generated by someone leaving.  Quite the admin error!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, newaccount said:

There are currently 710 Whole Time Equivalent (WTE) posts showing as vacant across all areas of Manx Care.

so the quiz is , is it cheaper to employ 710 more people OR to pay bank staff to make the place run at a bare minimum of functionality ??   which gives the best  'overspend'  bang per buck ???  i'm not seeing how they can fund 710 more full time jobs??

went for the old Covid jab this week and guess what  after announcing you could have both the flue and Covid jabs at the same time  , that have run out of the flue jab , people next to me from Dalby  who will have to comeback or make other arrangements , 

can Manx care  not get anything right , ``/?

5 minutes ago, Omobono said:

went for the old Covid jab this week and guess what  after announcing you could have both the flue and Covid jabs at the same time  , that have run out of the flue jab , people next to me from Dalby  who will have to comeback or make other arrangements , 

can Manx care  not get anything right , ``/?

What have chimneys got to do with this?

• Haha 3