IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

There's some shocking things in there:

23. The short-term home, which is intended to accommodate children while their needs are assessed, is not effective. The inspector could not ascertain whether risks for children were understood or professionally managed in this home due to the poor practice. For example, known high risks for children, such as substance misuse, child sexual exploitation and going missing, were evident and children were not safeguarded effectively. During incidents in which children are thought to have used drugs, these concerns are not escalated. On one occasion, a child told staff that they had been having sex for money to enable them to buy drugs. Records do not make it clear whether this concern was escalated, professional curiosity pursued, or additional safeguards put into place.

I've not read it all yet, but the reliance on agency staff and lack of outside support for the kids are very telling about a corporate attitude where the important things are keeping stuff at arms-length and keeping things quiet.

For me it’s the bit saying they knew about the issues but have been too slow in responding ie done nothing! 

latest report from covid committee in the UK says lives cold have been saved if they would have gone  into lockdown much earlier , it will be interesting to see what our Tynwald committee come up with  especially after our leading government ministers Poo Poo"d  the recomendations  put forward by Dr Ranson , I hope GEF the Mongoose picks this up  and runs with it  we don't want to see this buried ,  I think we owe it to the  many of the victims of Covid ,

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Omobono said:

latest report from covid committee in the UK says lives could have been saved if they would have gone  into lockdown much earlier , it will be interesting to see what our Tynwald committee come up with  especially after our leading government ministers Poo Poo"d  the recomendations  put forward by Dr Ranson , I hope GEF the Mongoose picks this up  and runs with it  we don't want to see this buried ,  I think we owe it to the  many of the victims of Covid ,

You might very well say that - but it won’t stop the lockdown nay-sayers on here having a howl of outrage if our committee end up agreeing with that view…

Pathetic spineless useless Treasury Minister Allinson been in the NPM (MR)  pretending to be pleased with himself. The Nurses have been made a better offer of renumeration, but as always the devil is in the details. Meanwhile the Nurses have called off the industrial action whilst it mulls over the offer. Allinson is saying that the funding is coming from the existing Manx Care budget. Given that Manx Care is spending as finitum and will forever go cap in hand to the Treasury, why the hell didn’t they make a sensible offer using the existing budgets in the first place?

Meanwhile, confusion, claim and counter claim has reigned supreme, and industrial action has increased waiting lists, causing great medical harm. So if the Nurses accept the offer, expect lots of grandstanding, showboating and dick waving from both IOMG, Manx Care and MHKs. Lots of pay rises to the higher echelons of Manx Care to follow, no doubt? 

The waiting list won’t go down either as the existing budget has been reduced due to funding pay packages. 

Edited by 2112

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Pathetic spineless useless Treasury Minister Allinson been in the NPM (MR)  pretending to be pleased with himself. The Nurses have been made a better offer of renumeration, but as always the devil is in the details. Meanwhile the Nurses have called off the industrial action whilst it mulls over the offer. Allinson is saying that the funding is coming from the existing Manx Care budget. Given that Manx Care is spending as finitum and will forever go cap in hand to the Treasury, why the hell didn’t they make a sensible offer using the existing budgets in the first place?

Meanwhile, confusion, claim and counter claim has reigned supreme, and industrial action has increased waiting lists, causing great medical harm. So if the Nurses accept the offer, expect lots of grandstanding, showboating and dick waving from both IOMG, Manx Care and MHKs. Lots of pay rises to the higher echelons of Manx Care to follow, no doubt? 

The waiting list won’t go down either as the existing budget has been reduced due to funding pay packages. 

He’s being honest what’s your problem or are you one of those who believes there is a magic money tree??

On 10/14/2023 at 9:19 AM, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

And we wonder why there’s no money for health 

DDED0338-8665-4BE5-BAEE-67848EDEDC1D.jpeg

Aside from the money, it is the terminology that baffles me.

‘ Business Support’,

This is the NHS

What is the ‘business’, - why does it need supporting ?
 ‘ Executive’ ? 

‘Officer’ ? The civil  service seems to use the term ‘officer’ rather loosely, meaning  any one who works in an ‘office’.

The  ‘Bureau Bleak- Speak’ continues.. the successful candidate  will have  to ‘ build and maintain to strong relationships with all ‘Stake holders in the Care Management Business ..’ and be ‘ the initial point of contact with stakeholders in the Care Management  Team’ 

What are the ‘Stakes’  that are held , and by whom?
Care Management  ‘ business ‘ ?

What is the Care Management Team?

- What does it mean?

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, hampsterkahn said:

Aside from the money, it is the terminology that baffles me.

I sometimes wonder if that is the point.

Not for you, personally, but for us all.

Every industry has its jargon, but this, this is just ridiculous, and the worst of it is that you just know that this is written to attract the very person, for whom this jargon is second nature. Talks the talk, and all that.

And so it goes.

Matron must be turning in her grave.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Sentience said:

1 Executive officer salary = 3-4 Nurses salaries. 

Executive Officer in civil service grading (if the same grading is used in Manx Care)  is not that far up the tree.  Trying to find quickly the pay grade is not that easy  but an EO is not high up in the chain.  Don't be confused with use of 'executive', it has a different meaning in CS speak. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

This is the salary and job description:

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/iomgovjobs/Job/JobDetail?JobId=17824

I think the most significant question is - Is this just a replacement or is it a new position?

It’s good to know that they will respond to every application and not just ignore you if they are not interested. I believe a lot of employers don’t bother.

(Apologies for saying something nice about Manx Care)